New wheel choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FN Wheels – 18″ WEDS Adventure Mad Spoke Hase Spec

What about this one? I am checking pricing and weight for this one.

Dustin is checking with the engineers to see if the others offset can be adjusted.

Here is his answer on the strength of the wheels.

1) The wheels are load rated at 955kg +. They are plenty strong, even though they are light weight. Because the wheels are counter-pressure cast vs. gravity cast, we are able to achieve a lighter weight with good rigidity and strength. The wheels have also been engineered to safely handle up to a 37" diameter tire.

The target market for the bfd wheel is the 07+ tundra.

Our target market for this wheel was the '07+ Tundra. We have not actively marketed the wheel for the Landcruiser, as we know the offered offset would be very aggressive. You would likely need to make modifications to the suspension, fenders, bumper and possibly more to keep from rubbing (depending on tire width and height) with a wheel in the specs of the BFD (18x9" +12mm offset).

I can check with our engineers to see what the highest offset possible would be, but my guess is probably et20mm is going to be the highest. I am still not sure that would be high enough for the Landcruiser 100 to keep from rubbing. I am definitely interested in getting the wheels done for you guys if it's at all feasible.

Last edited:
The Weds wheel should be a good size depending on what tire one would want to run. The outer wheel portion will stick out 18mm more than stock. Keep in mind, if comparing to an existing tire, the outer edge of the tire will only move a little (~1cm) since this wheel is 1" wider... and the tire is centered on the wheel. Make sense?

The problem with this offset is the inner clearance will also be reduced by 8mm. So, I'm thinking 295 width tire might be the max you'd want to go. Perhaps 295/70R18 would be a good choice for this wheel. 285/75R18 should work fine.

I think with a 295 you would rub on the inside. With the stock rim, 2.5inch OME lift and 295 35 inch tires (nitto) I rubbed on the inside and had to use 1.5inch spacers up front (back were fine) and had to do some minor trimming and I still need to bend the pinch weld.

I may have been ok with less than a 1.5inch spacer though, I'm not sure how much I needed to move to clear the inside or how far I could have gone and not hit the outside.

I like the style, as I'm a fan of Volk wheels, and I like the price. However, the offset might not work too well for some.

These wheels will stick out 61mm more than stock. Best bet would be for those wanting to run 33's.

How did you calculate this? They are only 12mm offset, but are 1" wider than stock rim correct?

here's a pic for those like me who are having trouble visualizing
WheelOffset2.gif

Zero offset would be right down the center. Positive offset pushes the mounting face of the wheel towards the outside. So +60mm offset is 60mm off center, towards the outer side. Adding an inch to the wheel width with the same offset would add ~13mm to both the outside and inside.

But you really don't have to calculate all this, just use one of the many online wheel offset calculators.

I think with a 295 you would rub on the inside.
You mean the UCA, right? Some say they needed spacers with 295/70R18's and some say they don't. It really is right there at that threshold. The Wed wheel combination will give more pinch weld clearance than your stockers with 1.5" spacers. The inside, although it has 8mm less clearance at the wheel, the top edge of the tire will be moving away from the UCA very slightly. Maybe not enough, I dunno. :meh:

Last edited:
Im eager to pull the trigger on a set of these wheels. I hope someone gets an answer soon.

I just purchased a set of the 18" Weds in gunmetal from Dustin at FN Wheels. Wheels have been sitting in boxes for 2 weeks while I read through all the tire size threads. Still wasn't clear on what size to get, but decided to go with some 295's and hope to have them on the truck this weekend.

Dustin is great to work with. Answered all my questions and gave me a great price on the Weds.

I just purchased a set of the 18" Weds in gunmetal from Dustin at FN Wheels. Wheels have been sitting in boxes for 2 weeks while I read through all the tire size threads. Still wasn't clear on what size to get, but decided to go with some 295's and hope to have them on the truck this weekend.

Dustin is great to work with. Answered all my questions and gave me a great price on the Weds.

nice cant wait to see these on the 100, post pics asap!!

I have some pics of the wheels I would like to post up, but I guess I cannot have more than 3 attachements on my account right now?

pics please~!? any updates?

Those match well on your 100.

Looks great. I would think that you have to have some serious rubbing going on right now at lock. What type of lift are you putting on? Are you going to use JT or TC upper arms? I am not a rim guy, at all, but those look good.

Hey man they look great! w/o a lift are you rubbing so far? and what size tire did you go with?! btw whoes altezza wagon in the backroung?! :)

Hey man they look great! w/o a lift are you rubbing so far? and what size tire did you go with?! btw whoes altezza wagon in the backroung?! :)

you can see the tire size on the tire in the picture........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom