Forward Cab Cruzah (?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC_Hamma

The Anti-Leafer
Threads
Did a net search & didn't see any. Has anyone built a Land Cruzah similar to the new Jxxp Concept Vehicle? Wonder if it'd be easier getting an Isuzu NPR chassis (would want it to be a diesel anyway) & adapting 4wd & the LC cab mods or starting w/ a 40 chassis & extending the WB & making the rest of the mods necessary (?)
jeepforwardcontrol1.jpg
jeepforwardcontrol2.jpg

It would be easier to buy a Unimog

Yeah, one could start w/ a Mog chassis & add the LC cab. Get a Toyota truck bed (the one's similar to the 45's) & lengthen it. I wouldn't be too crazy about the Mog drivetrain due to parts availability & co$t.

This is nothing new for Jeep. Years ago they had the FC 150 and 180. That was a short/long wheelbased cab over. Pretty scary to drive offroad, even if your used to the old cab over big farm trucks. John

There's someone on here who posted up pictures of a Dyna truck modded for 4x4...dunno where I saw it though.

There's someone on here who posted up pictures of a Dyna truck modded for 4x4...dunno where I saw it though.

You mean this one?

attachment.php

Forward cabs have been around a long time, the military still runs Stewart and Stevenson 2.5 ton forward controls:

FMTVwater.jpg

Jeep, Mercedes, and Rover have all made them through the years. They are still pretty popular over in Europe (Dyna/Iveco/Fiat etc).

Could be a fun project if you found the right chassis to start with ;)

Tucker

You mean this one?

attachment.php

Forward cabs have been around a long time, the military still runs Stewart and Stevenson 2.5 ton forward controls:

FMTVwater.jpg

Jeep, Mercedes, and Rover have all made them through the years. They are still pretty popular over in Europe (Dyna/Iveco/Fiat etc).

Could be a fun project if you found the right chassis to start with ;)

Tucker

Yep, that's the one. I forget where the thread was that talked about it though.

I used to love driving the Isuzu NQR short wheel base. That little diesel hauled butt and turning on those is pretty freakish feeling. Its very strange pulling a U turn while in front of the front wheels. I could see that being very advantageous while wheeling because you could almost see every obstacles. Ascents and Descents would not be frightening at all.

I guess you could take an fj45 cab and sheet metal the dront cowl to the Bib to form the front look. Dock the front off the hood to make the transition from the cowl to the top of the bib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom