Anyone have a "rollbar" on there 45 LWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roll bar

Hers is an old 77 i got for parts, not a bad rollbar attached to the tray. The PO has enlarged the rear winndow and got his bed to fold down from the rear of the cab. Different.
100_1526.jpg

I have the factory headache rack on mine.

I flopped the truck on it's side several years ago and got a dent in the rear corner of the roof about fist size. I also pushed in the DS fender and cowl side piece about 3/8".

Those trucks are solid. For normal mild wheeling with the cutie in your avatar I think stock is fine.

If you remove the roof, I think an enhanced headache rack would be in order.

A simple hoop on the inside back of the cab with a brace at the height of the seat sloping to the floor at foot well works great. You could then tie it into the frame, And it also gives you the opportunity to mount 3 point seat belts which is a major plus IMO.

A simple hoop on the inside back of the cab with a brace at the height of the seat sloping to the floor at foot well works great. You could then tie it into the frame, And it also gives you the opportunity to mount 3 point seat belts which is a major plus IMO.

I am reviving an old thread I know.

I found this thread because I have been debating roll over protection for my 45 build. I recognize a full cage tied to the frame would give me the most protection but it is the most intrusive (I have been looking at the metal tech cage). I am researching less intrusive options like a bed mounted roll bar that is tied into the frame at 4 points or a seat cradle in the cab with one tall hoop behind the seat (like quote above) - the tall hoop and cradle would be tied to the frame as well. I would ideally like a design that keeps the front of the cab clear. I hoping there are some new ideas out there. Please share.

I built this as a COVID project, along with a new rear tube bumper that offered some quarter panel protection.
unnamed.jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

Tie in to the frame is not yet complete, but it will be at the two points closest to the cab.

I built this as a COVID project, along with a new rear tube bumper that offered some quarter panel protection.
View attachment 2523561

View attachment 2523568

Tie in to the frame is not yet complete, but it will be at the two points closest to the cab.

Nice 45 and roll bar. That is very similar to what I have in mind. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom