OT: Late model toyota Sequoia advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so, can't seem to find a forum like 'mud for sequoias. (there is only one 'mud!) tundrasolutions and toyotanation can't hold a candle to 'mud, and a 200 series is out of budget.

anyone have any input on a 2010 or 2011 Sequoia as a family suv? (our current mid-sized volvo is feeling smaller as the 3 kids keep growing and at 8 yrs old is approaching end of extended warranty which the :princess: requires)

any tips on Sequoia forums?

thanks.

My sister has one. She loves it. It is reliable and a tank. The fit and finish is nowhere near my 100, but a great family hauler nonetheless. It has horrible gas mileage, but that can be expected with something that size.

gas mileage - yeah, that's on my mind. our 2.5T 5cyl xc90 is quite thrifty. had me looking at a used bluetec GL350 since they get near 25MPG net and it has the room too, but not sure about their reliability.

thanks for the info.

What about the Highlander?

if she doesn't want bigger, that's on the list as is the pilot. but the whole reason for the move is bigger.

but gmc is out b/c she wants the 3rd row to fold flat when not in use, so technically the expedition is on the list too...

found a 200 series... a few thou away from budget... but it's got 50k miles on it... mmmmmmm (but that's not bigger either so she'll have to answer that key question)

What about a 100? Third row doesn't fold flat, but it is pretty out of the way, or can come totally out pretty easily.

I had a 2003 Sequoia and yes plenty of room compared to LC's. Over all a decent vehicle. MPG was about 16-18 I saw 20 once (I think that trip was down hill both ways though) Only trouble I had was the brake booster had to be replaced at around 180k. This truck was not a wheeler. the only offroad it saw was beach. Stay away from the Pilot. We just got rid of one and I have to say was not impressed at all. Transmissions in those are very suspect. We had to replace the torque converter and still it never really felt right. If memory serves that was done before 75k. My vote would be TLC 100 and just make it work. :grinpimp:

Good luck in your quest for your perfect family hauler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom