01 taco on 285's?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice!

How much lift?? Does anyone know if the ome 881 coils will fit on stock sized struts? The po put adjustable rancho struts on

js93cruiser said:
How much lift?? Does anyone know if the ome 881 coils will fit on stock sized struts? The po put adjustable rancho struts on

I've got OME 880s on a 4cyl. Slightly more than 2.5", but less than 3". I stuck with the 15" wheel for the lower cost and more abundant tires, locally.

The OME coils will fit the struts. It may be a PITA with a spring compressor. I used the 5100s up front but on the lowest (stock) setting. I have plans for a bumper soon and wanted the ability to level out the front without buying more stuff.

You may want to go with a one piece driveshaft in the back. On my crew cab when I went over 2.5 in the back I had bad vibes from the carrier bearing. So a one pc shaft solved the problem. Its a 3.5 x .085w. ran about 400 bucks....might want to factor that into the cost of the lift.

I've got OME 880s on a 4cyl. Slightly more than 2.5", but less than 3". I stuck with the 15" wheel for the lower cost and more abundant tires, locally.

The OME coils will fit the struts. It may be a PITA with a spring compressor. I used the 5100s up front but on the lowest (stock) setting. I have plans for a bumper soon and wanted the ability to level out the front without buying more stuff.

Brake Weight, that was the color of my 98 reg cab wich was my favorite color. nice truck.

You may want to go with a one piece driveshaft in the back. On my crew cab when I went over 2.5 in the back I had bad vibes from the carrier bearing. So a one pc shaft solved the problem. Its a 3.5 x .085w. ran about 400 bucks....might want to factor that into the cost of the lift.

Brake Weight, that was the color of my 98 reg cab wich was my favorite color. nice truck.

Thanks. This one piece driveshaft you speak of, you had that built? I'm experiencing the same thing with a thump underneath and traced it back to that carrier/support bearing having lots of play. I'd compare it to running an impact with an extension, a swivel, and another extension. Autozone has Timiken replacements for $73.

Last edited:
Thanks. This one piece driveshaft you speak of, you had that built? I'm experiencing the same thing with a thump underneath and traced it back to that carrier/support bearing having lots of play. I'd compare it to running an impact with an extension, a swivel, and another extension. Autozone has Timiken replacements for $73.

yes I had it made at a local shop. I just had to give him a measurement from the top of the flange off the trans to the btm of the flange in the rear. That thump your getting is that when you accelerate? If yes thats def what it is. I would invest that 75 bucks twds a new Dshaft. I know that the 2 pc is for more clearance when you wheel but the one pc isn't all that much difference. I will post a pic when I get a chance.

I don't want that much lift, I just want 2" to level out the front, the billys adjustability wise, do they adjust the valving like the ranchos I have or height like a coil over? I was looking at them on Toytec, I work at a shop with a professional grade strut compressor so that's not a problem, the billys say you reside your top plates, and don't come with shock bushings??

The 5100s are just height adjustable: stock, 1.25", and 2.5" of lift. You'll need to rerun the top plates and the old bushings. You can order new bushings online, Wheelers Offroad-for example. You'd have to search around for the plates. Now if you get OME lift springs then you'll be doing some trail and error to get the height you want. You can rerun your current springs with the 5100s and put it on the top setting which would put you just past level. ToyTec has 1" shackles that would almost make it even.

i run 285 75 16 (treadwrights) with deaver springs and downey shackels 5100s in the rear and OME 880s 5100adjs in the front with stock wheels and 1.25" wheel spacers all the way around. some rubbing in the front... i also just like to post pics of my truck...
P60500kjkj16.jpg
P1010028.jpg

Oh nice, clean rig! Well I'm about to pull the trigger on some new km2's in the 265/75's and a set of ome 880 coils just to make it level, any oppose? Should I go with the 881's?

881s - just in case you end up installing a bumper/winch/etc.
just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom