Finally started it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good Fireman! Hurry up and finish it. I'm expecting to see it in Hot Springs in October.

Looking good Fireman! Hurry up and finish it. I'm expecting to see it in Hot Springs in October.

Maybe all our junk will be ready by then.:bounce:

Maybe all our junk will be ready by then.:bounce:

It better be. I'm fully expecting to see 3 new and improved rigs there: Fireman, Kowpoke, and Lenny.

great! at least nobody will be watching my junk(40)!

Since Kowboy ain't updated Brutus Build lately I thought that I would try to one up him! Got to work on it some today. Got the rear wheel tubs done!!!!!! Everytihing will be ground down seam sealed and bedlined when its done. The bead rolls are a pain in the rear to do but add a lot of rigidity.

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

Now we need to do the floor but it will go a lot faster. The speaker area and cubby holes that go beside the rear seats need to be done as well and then the body will come back off for welding out and seam sealer. The sides of the wheel tubs are on an angle with a bend for rigidity. The floor is planned to use nutserts and be able to remove the bed completely to access the rear winch and fuel tank.

SIi, gracis!

Worked on it yesterday for a while. Only got up to like 104 degrees so it wasn't too bad. Got the fuel tank hung. Remember that this is at full bump, ride heigth will 3 inches higher. Hung the tank in the rear to keep everything outside of the cab.

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1943-1.jpg

IMG_1942.jpg

Also got to finish out the bed!!! Used nutserrts and will have stainless buttonhead bolts.

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Then took her outside for some sunshine and air!

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

Thank you sir!

Lookin good, you should be done with this about the same time I'm done with the 2 seater buggy.

Got the radiator and coolers all mounted up so we can move on to the front end of this thing.

Radiator and a/c condensor
IMAG0391.jpg

Everything else, tranny cooler and hydraulic steering cooler.
IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

Turned out pretty good and we still have a lot of room up front to keep the winch tucked in tight.
IMAG0397.jpg

Wow ... you still own this thang? :flipoff2:

:flamingo:

dont be hater sir!:flipoff2:

just 'cause he's taking a lil' more than what he thought.

I still have my 40 too it sitting like a Low Rider so we brought up the Assend to figured things out
not to mention Fernie don't loose an oportunity to play in the 40

fj40a-1538.jpg

Got the steering valve mocked up.

ForumRunner_20121120_175838.jpg

White Trash of the Elwood Chapter, TORC4x4.org, Cottonland Cruisers.

ForumRunner_20121120_175838.jpg

This here project has turned into a government run program. Over budget and drug out.

We just want to see this Spruce Goose fly Mr. Hughes! :grinpimp:

You know...I was just wondering what was going on with this truck..:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom