What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What did you do with your 80 this weekend: maintenance, fix, wheel, nothing, new mod??

Me:
Checked air in tires
Change oil&filter 180,000
Fill gas tank
Waiting on box of parts from Beno

What did you do with your 80 this weekend: maintenance, fix, wheel, nothing, new mod??

Me:
Checked air in tires
Change oil&filter 180,000
Fill gas tank
Waiting on box of parts from Beno

Drained my rear diff and refilled with fresh oil. Pulled the starter and cleaned the contacts. No workie. Ordering contacts and plunger.

Im doing some drawing and measuring. I have a hairbrained idea about bolting an fj40 bumper on my 80.

ordered an arb front bumper for mine.
new wipers on hers. also checked the fluids and took it for a drive just to ensure all is still well.

Edit may of 2022.
Both of these two 80s have been parted out. She wrecked hers in 2014 and i blew the hg on mine in 2017.

Last edited:
Fianally installed my Battery cables, removed the running boards, and gave her a quick rinse.

Started stripping the old purple tint on the sliding rear windows.

Took the family camping. So i'll be the first to post a pic :) We found a great spot next to Rollins Lake with the "cabin" for $55 for the weekend. It was definitely nice.
IMG_0055.jpg

Went to the grocery store twice to get steaks, but only came home with them once. By the time we'd realized dinner was missing last night, it wasn't legal to drive back. Went back this evening. Cashed in my huge $5 in winnings from the lotto, then asked if they'd found our meat last night. "Sure, here have some more." Free. Turns out both me and the old lady missed taking it out of the cart last night.

I told her married people live longer, because they look out for each other's mistakes. last night, that broke down, but the 80 didn't -- in fact it doesn't knock on wood. Just one more weekend in the mind-numbing expanse of the Midwest, safely brought home by the faithful LC.

Gotta check those steaks...

Replaced four seat belts and removed the fender flares in preparation for replacing all of the rubber gaskets.
The fronts were way worse off than the rear. Then I figured out why.
Discovered that the PO had the rear of the truck painted and the tools who did the job were not familiar with the two nuts behind the side panel holding the flares on. They just ripped them off and essentially glued the studs and flares back on.
Oh well.

Nothing....found out rear axle oil seal on drivers side let go :(

92.....semifloat

Got the whole thing covered in mud :D

Got my hubs ready for a part time conversion! :D
Love seein where y'all went :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom