Tire Size stock height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lbbest

SILVER Star
Threads
Whats up guys, I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself and go ahead and ask the newbie question of newbie questions. I've finally had the patience and actually wore down a set of stock tires. I want the Nitto Terra Grappers but I'm not sure if I should stick with the stock size 285/60/18 or go up one size to a 285/65/18. The would obviously look better that would be reason one to get them, if I'm being honest.Do you guys think there will be rubbing issues? That's my main concern, if I loose a little suspension travel thats ok because this isn't permanent.
IMG_0799.jpg

2012 200

I wanted to add that I saw the 2012 model today, looked awesome, updated tail lights, side mirrors, crawl control looked diffrent than mine, theres front camera or sensor under the front new style toyota emblem that has a black background like older ones. The front headlights, grill and bumper all looked awesome.

I used the search and answered my question, yes the 285/65/18 will fit

Yep, that is what I have. No rubbing and they fill the WHOLE well nicely.

thanks for your help, I'm ordering tomorrow, I'll post pics after

It seems not all tires are created equal. I have 285/65/R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers as a secondary set and they sometimes scrub the mud flaps very slightly on full lock. The tires measure 33.8 inches in diameter. I also have a 60mm lift.

I think it may be due to the extra square shoulder profile of the tire but the contact is only very minor so I have no inclination to conduct surgery on the mudflaps. It may also be that the reduced offset to +35 of the XD alloy rims is playing a part.

It seems not all tires are created equal. I have 285/65/R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers as a secondary set and they sometimes scrub the mud flaps very slightly on full lock. The tires measure 33.8 inches in diameter. I also have a 60mm lift.

I think it may be due to the extra square shoulder profile of the tire but the contact is only very minor so I have no inclination to conduct surgery on the mudflaps. It may also be that the reduced offset to +35 of the XD alloy rims is playing a part.

So do you think they wouldn't fit on a stock height cruiser? Did you measure the 33.8, on the website they say they measure 32.5? I suspect that your rubbing issues are due to the rims which i why I think I can pull on the larger tires with no lift using the stock rims.

Whoops, sorry got that wrong. My Trail Grapplers are 32.8 inches, whereas Terra Grapplers in same profile are 32.5 inches. Not much difference, maybe 8mm or so. I guess the rims must be accounting for it. They have moved the tires out by approx 1 inch.

For the record I'm running the BFG AT's on stock rims.

Well I ordered the tires and they're being put on Friday morning, so I'm crossing my fingers, but I'm not too worried they won't fit well. According to the bfg website they measure 32.7 and the nittos measure to 32.52 so that gets my hopes up, but like Billfish was saying each brand is different.

Post up pics later. That will make me take some too, so, people can refer to this thread later.

I'm working on downsizing the other photos

Looks good, I'm betting it looks way better in person, than even the pics show. Congrats.

Not too sure about the fit on that ARB rear bar Ibbest. Looks a little skewed or badly cut? I realise some space is required for body movement but I've seen a few ARB's that have been improved with a slightly bigger rubber gasket fitted to the cut panel. Great choice in colour btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom