Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I would start a chat thread. We really don't have anywhere we can post random thoughts and ideas. So here it goes....

Taking my son (Brooks) on his first quail hunting trip tomorrow morning. It will be pen raised birds, and I really hate it, but that is all we have now days in Georgia. We have been going to the gun club and shooting skeet together for the past few weeks and he has gotten pretty good with the Remington 1100 28 gauge that I found for him. The gun is small enough that he can swing and manage it properly, but still has the knock down power better than most 20 gauge shotguns. I will post some pictures tomorrow when we get finished.

cool--you guys will have a good time.

my first bird hunt was for dove at what is now the intersection of 400 & McFarland Rd. in the early 80s. seems like yesterday.

Brooks' first quail hunt

Had a great time today. Weather was perfect, very light wind and the sun was out all morning, bringing the temperature up nicely. The guide set 30 birds and we picked up 22 or them. We lost 2 or 3 in the thick cover and left some for seed. Had a great time and everyone was safe. Nobody shot the dogs or themselves. I made some really hard shots and missed some real easy ones, so my typical day with Mr. Bobwhite. Brooks had a blast and I think he has a new appreciation for quail hunting.
Brooks'QuailHunt 009.jpg
Brooks'QuailHunt 010.jpg
Brooks'QuailHunt 016.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun, I've never been quail hunting...

my first bird hunt was for dove at what is now the intersection of 400 & McFarland Rd. in the early 80s. seems like yesterday.
I bought a truck from a guy on 92 at Crabapple a few years back and he told me he used to ride go-carts on the dirt road that is now 92. He's lived there a looooong time!

I used to hit some trails in Alpharetta that are now covered by North Point Mall and the Greenway.

You guys are all CRAZY for not going to K2 last week! Perfect weather - no rain, no dust, no humidity, no snow, not cold, not hot - just perfect! And the rock is stickier than Moab! I can't wait to go back.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I got to have Marlin as a copilot and spotter a few times?! I've wanted to meet him forever so just meeting him on Wednesday was awesome but getting to ride with him was epic.

You guys are all CRAZY for not going to K2 last week! Perfect weather - no rain, no dust, no humidity, no snow, not cold, not hot - just perfect! And the rock is stickier than Moab! I can't wait to go back.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I got to have Marlin as a copilot and spotter a few times?! I've wanted to meet him forever so just meeting him on Wednesday was awesome but getting to ride with him was epic.

This post is worthless without pics....where are they :flipoff2:

I'll get a some up tonight, Tina only took 604 pictures. Just been really busy getting back to work and all after being gone for a week.

And my camera died the second day so I don't have many. I have a few of just my truck on my phone that I'll see if I can put up in the Roundup thread soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom