'88 4Runner SAS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the broken 85 PU front axle apart and found a broken Longfield hub gear, chewed up ring and pinion.:bang:
111121_0001.jpg
111121_0000.jpg
111121_0001.jpg
111121_0000.jpg

that `s a lot of carnage
not sure what caused BL`s hub gear
the rnp looks like it was a bit loose on bearing peload check it on tear- down can`t really C tooth contact pattern but could be a tad shallow as well

If it was set up wrong all the teeth would show some wear. It was only a small group that were chewed up not chipped or broke off. Looks like it smashed a chunk of metal through it. IDK.

Soooo when are you going to start hanging all your trophies on the wall in the shop :flipoff2: J/K .

Lets see (sheet metal doesn't count) Birfield, rear axle shaft, hub gear, ring and pinion, front drive shaft :)
If you drove a jeep I could understand but a Toyota hummmm. hope you get rid of that black cloud of breakage soon.

Soooo when are you going to start hanging all your trophies on the wall in the shop :flipoff2: J/K .

Lets see (sheet metal doesn't count) Birfield, rear axle shaft, hub gear, ring and pinion, front drive shaft :)
If you drove a jeep I could understand but a Toyota hummmm. hope you get rid of that black cloud of breakage soon.

me thinks your driving style comment in an other thread may have validity here as well:grinpimp:

like the new trophy shed idea :hmm: nice fire cold :beer: remembrances

that over there 2009 Barnwell & that 2011 Sicily Island Oh! & that was let me C 2025 s*** don`t remember :whoops::lol:

Yea, but the driving style I don't think played into this breakage, it's not like he drove the truck like Mike. LOL
If the BSLCA had a "shed or shop" that it hung out at we could like you said make a "wall' . Hummm I have some electrical gremblems to hang on that wall a snaped rear axle shaft also to add to it.
If it were body parts and glass I think I could fill it up quick :eek:

Last edited:
yea!! a BSLCA club house to decorate :bounce::bounce2:
we will need more that four wall:bang:

Yep beat alittle to hard on the beater, I keep breaking parts that I do not have spares for.:doh:

Been working on the front E-locker for the 85 PU, hoping to have it done for the weekend. Of course I have a small stud slightly off center so I have to open up one of the third member hole.
111122_0000.jpg
111122_0000.jpg

yup that is the most tedious & time consuming things getting them centered & straight

Albert are u talking about me again, lol

Finally got the broken 85 PU front axle apart and found a broken Longfield hub gear, chewed up ring and pinion.:bang:
View attachment 574620
View attachment 574621

Correction its a stock hub clutch gear that broke not a Longfield part. Also looks like the ring gear was stopped and the pinion continued to turn grinding up that one section of the ring gear and pinion.

Hmm. Maybe you had something in there rattling around that locked something up?

Before:
DSCF0108.jpg

After: Mr. Paul and his ten ton porta power got involved, thanks for the help bud.
P1030748.jpg

New windshield on its way.:clap:

Nice job ! I could easily live with that look.Looks like the top will bolt back up now on both sides.

It's just character.

John Stw said:
Before:

After: Mr. Paul and his ten ton porta power got involved, thanks for the help bud.

New windshield on its way.:clap:

Looks like it did a good job pulling most of it out and straight enough to seal the top. I agree with Ryan added more character. I'm sure when your ready you could replace the panels but what's the use until you put an Exo-cage or similar to keep the body straight :)

Since the 4runner cleaned up good taught I would give this a shot.
click on video:
Tundra :: 120224_00001.mp4 video by John350Z71 - Photobucket
[URL="http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/John350Z71/Tundra/th_120224_00001.jpg"][/URL]
Not sure what I am going to use this for, but it was a good deal so I got it. A 2000 2wd Tundra 4.7L 2uz w/ 97K miles.

Good deal :cheers: thats going to be an awesome donor plant. My Dads got the same year model except 4WD now doing farm duty with 300 + on the ODO. Still runs like a top and the only thing not OEM is the starter that went out last year. Are you still in or back at work? Planned to call you to go do some looking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom