ECU/Key problem... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know how to program the ECU for a new key.Had it into the dealer today but it won't accept the new key cos a previous owner has had one cut at some time taking the ECU key count up to it's limit (according to the mechanic).They say they can wipe the ECU memory clean and start from scratch but there's a chance that it won't accept ANY keys back in and the only option left to me will be to buy a complete new ECU/Lockset..VERY EXPENSIVE!!
I suppose I'm being a bit optimistic here hoping for a quick/cheap fix but it's worth a try!!

By the way the truck is a '98 Amazon 4.2 TD 24v (80 series).

Thanks...

Phil

key programming for Toyota ECU

Some automotive locksmiths can do this. There is also a guy on ebay who does some of them by mail.

Some automotive locksmiths can do this. There is also a guy on ebay who does some of them by mail.

HAaaaa nope, ebay stuff are for US landcruiser, OP stay clear of ebay stuff.

I happen to have bought a HDJ100 from France with only one single programed key. I wanted more but nobody, i mean nobody could copy the ecu transmitter. I was worse for me since even the toyota dealer couldn't read my ECU.

Anyhow back to your problem. Your dealer is full of s***, if he'd know how to use Techstream or a handheld ecu programer he could erase any recorded key transponder and program new ones. BUT toyota did though of folks like me and you that could rely on toyota! So there is a procedure to manually clean the transponder ECU of any recorded key, then following this procedure you can reprogram the key you have and new keys.

In my case the procedure never did work because the ECU was full, no more slot for new keys. So yes i had to do that scary procedure of deleting all recorded keys, then followed the procedure to record the only key i had and it worked, after that i was able to program 2 new keys.

Let me search the site for the thread and i'll post it here.

EDIT: i just notice you have a 80 serie landcruiser. So the procedure i have will not work for you. Ask you toyota dealer the procedure to manually program a key and do it yourself. Or ask them to plug the techstream and do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom