Lunchbox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The shackles were 5 inches from center to center, the AAL were kinda tricky since I dont know exactly what the rears were from, all I know is they were from a order at my shop that never got installed or returned I wanna say they were from a f-250, the front AAL were the short stiff from Man-a-fre though. And I used some clear silicone to mend my snake bite. :beer:

It would be absolutely HUGE to know where the rear AALs are from. Any way to check old invoices, etc? How do they ride? Still smooth like stock, or much firmer? They look pretty thick, but that is obviously exactly what your 60 springs needed. Great job.

To tell the truth I dont fully realize the way i wound up here on dirt enthusiastic about my 60, it simply happened. I suppose everything began with my then job, in the tire shop. I'd lately left my loved ones construction business as well as in doing which i made the decision that my opportunity truck could be returned to my father/partner as a sign of excellent will. This left me with no DD and so i did some searching around for something cheap. It didnt take lengthy for my buddy-inlaw to step-up and lend me his Toyota, it had been just until I discovered something I possibly could buy. A couple of days passed also it was literally growing on me, I requested myself why don't you make a deal about this Toyota, it went great had all of the original stuff and that i understood both previous proprietors, as well as the rig had under 100k onto it. Lengthy story short the rig was mine for 3k and that i was pumped.

So I used to be employed in the tire look for a couple of days and really was beginning to hate the stock tires the 60 had onto it, P225/75R15 were just laim as well as worn-out, and so i made the decision on some bigger more aggressive dirt tires. I wound up choosing the Cooper STT inside a 32/11.50R15 and have them presently. At this time I had been beginning to understand what these rigs might be like and just how much cash you can permeate them....

uhhh that was umm yeah.

If you ever come across another 60 like that some time next spring let me know. Me and the wife head over to Salem before we head over to the oregon coast. Would be really cool to pick up something as nice as yours and drive it back home to Vancouver bc.

If you ever come across another 60 like that some time next spring let me know. Me and the wife head over to Salem before we head over to the oregon coast. Would be really cool to pick up something as nice as yours and drive it back home to Vancouver bc.
Nice of you to say, make me an offer;)

I have decided to rebuild the knuckles and replace all the bearings/seals, just ordered up all the goods. After that I plan on redoing all the VAC lines that have been leaking for years..

I will have pics soon :cheers:

Damn dude you have my dream cruiser.. color and everything!!! Thing is beautiful and hopefully I can find one half that nice!

Damn dude you have my dream cruiser.. color and everything!!! Thing is beautiful and hopefully I can find one half that nice!
Thanks Greg, its a fun moneypit

So I have the knuckle rebuild kit and all new w/b and seals for the rig and sounds like in the next few days I will have the time to get dirty and get some work done. I am thinking I may have to sit the old dog out for a few extra days and do a few extra projects that I have been drying to have done

DeSmog Time! plus a new carb or rebuilt OE
But I have recently been toying with the idea of a snorkel... which seems like if I am going to do it that would be as good a time to do it right?

So yeah I will get the axle all fixed up and then tackle the engine and such after, just need to make a decision on a snorkel or not, what do you peeps think???

Looks like we're working a very similar Orygun LC mojo...

Mine's got about 200k more miles on it, but spending most of that time in dry southern Oregon has kept the tin worm away, and a bit of sweat equity has brought the mechanicals up to par.
DSCI0330.jpg

Looks like we're working a very similar Orygun LC mojo...

Mine's got about 200k more miles on it, but spending most of that time in dry southern Oregon has kept the tin worm away, and a bit of sweat equity has brought the mechanicals up to par.

Rig looks good and clean, love the color too:beer:

You are both bastards for having the rigs I want!!!!!! :flipoff2:
Post some more pics I need some 464 color code lovin'!!!:steer:

Last edited:
damn you .. (or actually my wife is damning you)... Of course when we dont have the money two nice ones pop up on CL for decent within my general area... BASTARDS!!!

damn you .. (or actually my wife is damning you)... Of course when we dont have the money two nice ones pop up on CL for decent within my general area... BASTARDS!!!

Sorry gregs wife;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom