Builds cuttin up the lx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does it drive any different?
Is the sheetmetal on the side still tight or does it kinda flop around when you are driving it?

drives the same as it did before all the cutting. i got a very small drive shaft vibe after i added lift to the front but its not enough to really worry about. the bed sides dont move at all while driving. i was very surprised at how rigid everything stayed after cutting.

I dnt suppose you know the weight difference, wether its lighter or heavier?

Bet it didn't change much.

Bet it didn't change much.

Yeah. I mean, who considers adding 4" of lift just by cutting some sheet metal much?

definitely lighter. not sure how much lighter but the rear was 2.5 to 3in higher than the front after cutting. the rear springs came with the man-a-fre 3in/2in level kit and the rear sits level with the 7 inches i have in the front.

yeah, i dont figure the overall weight changed much. just enough over the rear axle to cause it to sit higher in the back.

It makes a difference for sure. Im running 6" coils in the front and only need 3.5" coils in the rear because if the loss in weight. Its only a couple hundred pounds at most, but you can definitely feel the difference.

How tough would it be to just add back in the rear tailgate and tail lights? Welding and wiring?

did a few little things. blinkers, license plate light, back up lights, and put the old rear cargo light above the back seat. i was trying to spend as little as possible so i used the blinkers and license plate light off of my old R6. the blinkers are a lil odd looking but they are super bright and FREE!

and if anyone is curious, the x-member or support in the roof is already drilled for the dome light. all i had to do was cut a hole in the headliner.
IMAG0304.jpg
IMAG0305.jpg
IMAG0307.jpg

Where's the spare going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom