Custom Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cartercd

SILVER Star
Threads
I wanted a lightweight, inexpensive, non-winch bumper and couldn't find what I wanted from the commercial market. So I mocked up my idea in 1/8" wood and took it to Tommy Gort in Phoenix to turn it into reality. Tommy measured each piece, drew it up on the computer, did the cuts via CNC machine, and welded it. It was a 2-day turnaround.

I had him bend the hoop, but I welded that myself after playing with heights and angles. I should have a disclaimer on the bumper that says the nice welds are his and the crappy ones are mine. I cleaned it, primed it, and then painted with Rustoleum from an air sprayer. The rubber bumpers were sourced from ARB.

Total weight is 60 pounds vs. 35 pounds for the stock bumper. I kept it light by using 0.135" steel. This isn't built for rock crawling and isn't going to survive a big collision, but it offers a nice approach angle and better protection than stock.

For anyone looking for custom fab work in the Phoenix area, I'd definitely recommend Tommy.

:beer:

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

Can he build a "kit" for that same bumper but in 3/16 steel? I would just want the steel cut and ready to weld...and no hoop:D If you dont mind PM his contact info..

I PM'd you Tommy's contact info. Hopefully you two can work something out.

Tommys the man!

Looking good on the bumper :cheers:

I'll take one too! Can you PM contact info?

Thanks!

As of today he is on the board as

TommyGunFab

Very nice design Carter.

Tommy is going to be busy.

I live in Peru and I am getting a Peruvian to make me a bumper. Could you sent me some measurements, so I could give him the specs to build it?

I am in Angola and would be interested in the specs too so I can get a local fabricator to build one similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom