4x4labs rear bumper build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tire carrier kit
tirecarrier.jpg

pretty sweet instructions Luke. Thanks.
So I guess I didn't need to add in those 2 pieces of rebar. I thought those gussetts were a part of the carrier. I'll add them in and integrate them with the rebar pieces.

Alvin and I finished 85% of his bumper today. All we have left is to finish the gas can carrier and tire carrier. The shell, spindles and arms are on there.

For those of you who haven't started, I have only one real suggestion. It might me easier to drill and tap the holes for the gas strut mounts prior to welding in the spindle. It is no big deal to wait, but with the spindle in place you will have to use a crescent wrench or the like to tap as the spindle will be in the way.

We are thinking that it will take us about 4 full days to complete mine including the rattle can.

Help needed :)

Hey guys from australia, im making a copy of a 4x4 labs bar coz unfortionatly thier cost prohibitive to import and dont sell them here.
the other factor is due to legal issues i cant realy cut out the rear cross member.
so basicly ive done a bit of a no no and cut 4 inches of the rear rails and moved the factory cross member back, ill just hope it dosnt get picked up on lol.
so basicly my designs differnt but simmilar, slightly less angle on the rear of the bar.

what i basicly want to know is some mesurements of the lenth across the back of the bar from center of the hitch reciever to the outter most point of the back frame.
so far ive done it all off pictures i can find and its provong to be a bit of a headache but im gtting there, before i cut the angles these mesurements would be fantastic help.

awsum site btw, been a member a little while now

regards Dale

Does anyone have a pic of the double swing arm mounted on their 60?:D

I don't think there is one locally? Here is a pic of Luke's, it is the older design, searching the '60 forum may net more pix?

attachment.php

Great looking bumper. I am considering the DIY kit. Weight is a big concern on my rig. Anyone know how much a double swing out bumper with tire carrier and gas can options would weigh? Rig is a 97 LX450.

Great looking bumper. I am considering the DIY kit. Weight is a big concern on my rig. Anyone know how much a double swing out bumper with tire carrier and gas can options would weigh? Rig is a 97 LX450.

Likely the best data would come from calling Luke?

Emailed and got a quick answer:

Total weight about 250, you cut off/remove 75 lbs of stuff so the net
gain is somewhere around 175.
-luke

Check your parts carefully, I am in the swing out build phase and am missing the stoppers, the gas struts, and my swing out arms are incomplete. Prior to that one of the end caps was missing for the round tube and the recovery points that were sent were actually for a " G wagon".

Check your parts carefully, I am in the swing out build phase and am missing the stoppers, the gas struts, and my swing out arms are incomplete. Prior to that one of the end caps was missing for the round tube and the recovery points that were sent were actually for a " G wagon".

CSC has built and purchased several of Lukes 4x4 Labs bumpers. We have also found Luke customer service to be solid. Sorry to hear your order was not complete but this is not the norm.

My order was custom with additional parts received timely and complete.

My 4x4 labs bumper build

96bump11.JPG
96bump12.JPG
96LCpic1.jpg

CSC has built and purchased several of Lukes 4x4 Labs bumpers. We have also found Luke customer service to be solid. Sorry to hear your order was not complete but this is not the norm.

My order was custom with additional parts received timely and complete.

My 4x4 labs bumper build

At this point I'll call you lucky, I found more errors on mine today. I guess they were having a bad day when mine was put together. Luke is taking care of things as I find them. I'll reiterate, check your kit when you get it.

Reactions: RFB
At this point I'll call you lucky, I found more errors on mine today. I guess they were having a bad day when mine was put together. Luke is taking care of things as I find them. I'll reiterate, check your kit when you get it.

Most have not had your experience so I would call your experience unlucky:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom