Is the B pillar grab handle the same 60/80 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the B pillar grab handle the same 60/80 series? Nope but....

Since Im a lazy mofo and dont feel like checking for myself......

Would a b pillar grab handle from an 80 series fit a 60 series? I have the holes (dont know about the captured nuts though) in my 85 60, just wondering about the spacing.

I want to find out for sure before I put an ad up in the classifieds, I know the 62 handles will fit but if the 80 ones do as well Id have two options.

Thanks in advance.

D

Last edited:
Finally pulled the 2nd row slanty handle off the 80 to check if it would fit the 60. Got as far as finding one hole on the b pillar then gave up due to it being too dark outside. Next time the 60 is in the garage I plan to peel back the headliner a bit to find that elusive 2nd hole. Looks like it would match up if that 2nd hole exists.

D

Nice detective work ;)

Lemme know when you get the handle. I asked for email alerts but I think the clerk put in the wrong email address.

Ill let you know. Just picked up more jack nuts today so Im ready for it.

D

Nope, the 80 series handles are too long and wont bolt up at all. Good news is my 85 60 had all 4 holes/captured nuts behind the headliner and even better news, I had 2 handles on stash that fit perfectly! My buddy had scored me a set of used toyota forklift (the orange and gray ones) grab handles when he was working for a rental place.

I stumbled upon them today and, after finding all the holes I test fit them to find that they are an exact fit, the hole spacing is perfect. I had to drill out the holes and steel sleeves roughly 1/4" to be able to use the toyota oe screws to bolt them in but nothing else.

I painted them with some tan krylon since they were gray and they ended up matching the interior perfectly. Now Im all handled up lol.

fj60161.jpg

fj60162.jpg

fj60163.jpg

fj60164.jpg

fj60165.jpg

fj60166.jpg

As a bonus I found out that an eraser does a wicked job of getting dirty finger prints off of your headliner.

D

Cool. Been looking around to get a full set of handles for my 62, too. Might have to give Georg or Cruiserparts a ring about those.

You could also go to the local rental place that has toyota forklifts for the 2nd row ones. They could probably order them for you if they dont have any extras around.

D

No part number on them, sorry. Ill measure the spacing next time Im outside and post it up though.

All of the toy fork lifts that Ive seen seem to come with these same handles though (we have 5 at work and they all have them). They are mounted on what would be the A pillar of the roll cage, some on both sides, some only on one side.

D

cool... that would certainly help people to get in. I had a guy at work getting in the back of my truck and he grabbed the b-pillar. The guy behind him (wanting to get to the front door) shut the door on his hand.

Is the spacing the same as the regular grab handles? If so, you can use the grab handles from the new FJ Cruiser, but be prepared to pay about $25 each, and the hole covers are not included. I picked up one on Ebay that was listed incorrectly, but it fit my rear liftgate perfectly on my 62. If not, at least we know they used some other attributes of the old FJ's other than the round headlights and the white roof on the new FJC. :hmm:

I dont know... Il take a measure when I shove it into the garage today.

D

Nope, the 80 series handles are too long and wont bolt up at all. Good news is my 85 60 had all 4 holes/captured nuts behind the headliner and even better news, I had 2 handles on stash that fit perfectly! My buddy had scored me a set of used toyota forklift (the orange and gray ones) grab handles when he was working for a rental place.

I stumbled upon them today and, after finding all the holes I test fit them to find that they are an exact fit, the hole spacing is perfect. I had to drill out the holes and steel sleeves roughly 1/4" to be able to use the toyota oe screws to bolt them in but nothing else.

I painted them with some tan krylon since they were gray and they ended up matching the interior perfectly. Now Im all handled up lol.

fj60161.jpg

fj60162.jpg

fj60163.jpg

fj60164.jpg

fj60165.jpg

fj60166.jpg

As a bonus I found out that an eraser does a wicked job of getting dirty finger prints off of your headliner.

D

I just added the three grab handles in my 89 FJ62. Seems to help any passengers get in and out of the vehicle. I also built a platform to sleep on in the rear and the rear grab handles make getting out of the vehicle much easier.

I cross threaded one of the rear captured nuts but was able to repair it. I ordered the three "A-Pillar Grab Handles" from Cruiserparts.net 74610-90K00-03 for 19.12 each plus 9.20 shipping to California. I then called back to find out why I didnt have a tracking number and confirm that the screws and plugs were included in that order and they were not. They added six plugs for 1.69 each and added six screws for 1.99 each. The handles and caps were great. The screws were way to small. I ended up going to mcmaster carr and got hardware that fit, screws (92000A428 18-8 Stanless Steel Phillips Rounded Head M6 x 1 mm thread, 20MM long - 25 pack $5.85) and washers (92148A180 18-8 Stanless Steel SPlit Lock Washer for M6 Screw size, 6.5 mm ID, 11.8mm OD, pack of 100 $3.56).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom