Camp shower enclosures (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's alittle update since the initial purchase...

Never had the need to set it up because the potti was doing just fine in the annex for :princess: and I was doing fine in the woods...

untill last trip to Overland Rally in Vermont this last weekend.

Bottom line...it's big, but damn is sweet!! Poured like a biatch, and it was nice to have a place to use the crapper in peace, and take a nice hot shower and streach out. The only logistics was remembering to put the clothes and towel in the potti side, and zip the door so nothing got wet. The two large skylights rocked too!!

...heavy?..yep...big?...yep...happy?...YEP!

not a great pic but you get the idea
ver22.jpg

If you dont mind chinese, go to Walmart and pick up an enclosure, Cleanwaste has one, pretty decent, around a hundred bucks, and PETT toilets are available from these guys also.

I just might check them out tomorrow and bid on one.

Those look quite sturdy Bruce. Pick 'em all up and sell them on 'mud :)

Starting bid was $100 and they were on the other side of the country. I wasn't up for the challenge. It'll be interesting to see what they sell for.

Thread bump:
My first shelter was the one that came with my Pett toilet I got back in 2008 when I got back into camping.
Garbage, it would take a bow in the slightest breeze.

2009 I got the Outback Privy, the kind that fold flat in a circle, and you unfold it, and a spring steel frame puts it into shape.
While OK, it is kind of small.

This past winter/spring I was an article on Expedition Portals homepage about the Nemo Heliopolis, and bought one.
Tried to set it up a week ago, I gave up.
Well I was doing it wrong, and today it went up sooooooooooo easy.
If all else fails, read the instructions :bounce:

Taking it out soon, it is packed in the rig, ready to go along with the 4 gallon Big Kahuna 12v shower, and the old Pett toilet.
If I had room to carry one of those two piece fresh water flush crappers, I would get one.
I had two Sears units long ago to use in my tent trailer, they are a lot nicer than the Pett type.

Field Tested: Nemo Equipment Helio and Heliopolis

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Elephant-Utilitent-Privacy-Tent/dp/B01N0GOJ25

I recently picked this one up on sale for $35 and it is of excellent quality. I use it for a privacy shelter for our restroom, but it has a large hole at the top designed for insertion of a shower hose/head. The top portion is mesh to let out steam but it also comes with a rain fly if you are using it for your toilet only. It has a velcro toilet paper holder, some pckets for shampoo and soap, and some other nice features. Much better than some of the cheaper ones on amazon that are only a few dollars less.

I've done the cheapy low priced ones in past. Wife hated it. Happy wife = happy camping life. Happy wife = more trips.

I've got this Lightspeed right now. I like it, don't love it.

If I had to do it again I would get this Cabelas with the lifetime guarantee

That looks pretty much like the Nemo I have.
Just got back yesterday from a four day trip, will have a review on it sometime along with other new gear.
Very happy with the Nemo though, it worked out great.

I've done the cheapy low priced ones in past. Wife hated it. Happy wife = happy camping life. Happy wife = more trips.

I've got this Lightspeed right now. I like it, don't love it.

If I had to do it again I would get this Cabelas with the lifetime guarantee

What are the issues with the Lightspeed? I just ordered one through Costco because it was on sale for $85?

The Nemo Heliopolis did great on my trip, and it is by far the best crapper/shower enclosure I have had yet.
Read Christophe's review on it here too.

Not using that PETT toilet anymore, the girlfriend almost had it tip over on her :grinpimp:
I bought a Thetford which is similar to ones I have had in the past for my tent trailers long ago.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WPQMOA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyways...The Nemo enclosure is big, and sets up very fast once you know what you are doing.

6.jpg

nemo_heliopolis2.jpg

What are the issues with the Lightspeed? I just ordered one through Costco because it was on sale for $85?

I just used it again this weekend. Features that I wish it had:
  1. Doesn't have an outside strap with an inside zipper to reach through to hang your towel or dry clothes.
  2. Doesn't have vinyl waterproof pocket to keep toilet paper inside the tent and keep dry while using the shower.
  3. Doesn't have a zipper or near the roof to route a shower hose through from the outside.
Those little things don't seem like they are important, until you are in that shower and you need them.
Yes, I'm being picky and it's doing the job, but you don't buy these once a year. So I'll use it until it breaks or the little things bug
me so much, I'll find one that has those features + the reasons I bought the Lightspeed.

Last edited:
I got sick and tired of the busted roof poles on the Hillary tent, so ordered up the "Easy up deluxe" from Cabela's (it's on sale). Just set up my new tent in the living room, pretty damn big!

Cabela's Easy-Up Deluxe Shower Shelter : Cabela's

I'm 6', it has lots of headroom clearance.

20180109_172945.jpg
20180109_173041.jpg

G'Day Cobbers,

You can see my No Weight, No Maintenance, Camp Shower enclosure here.
It's right there, between the solar panel and the Hopper Stopper (Roo Bar/Bull Bar).
This makes for a great incentive, to be quick and not waste Hot water.

LOL!
Homer

Wet camp, quick set up. (3).JPG

The Nemo Heliopolis did great on my trip, and it is by far the best crapper/shower enclosure I have had yet.
Read Christophe's review on it here too.

Not using that PETT toilet anymore, the girlfriend almost had it tip over on her :grinpimp:
I bought a Thetford which is similar to ones I have had in the past for my tent trailers long ago.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WPQMOA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyways...The Nemo enclosure is big, and sets up very fast once you know what you are doing.
Does the Nemo pack up small?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom