For Sale 1983 Landcruiser FJ60 Cummins 6BT Turbo Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello there.

This big tan beast, with a great-condition Cummins 6BT Turbo Diesel engine (1996 12valve, Bosch 7100, and 85k miles on the motor) and a 5-speed manual NV4500 transmission, is his owner's pride and joy. It's in awesome condition, and is customized to the teeth. It's currently sitting at my shop in Hagerstown, Maryland, and for reasons that'll become clear in a minute, I'm asking for $35,000.

4-19-10-011.jpg

Just a few of its extras include front Warn 12k winch mounted in an ARB Bull Bar front bumper, custom leaf springs all around, a fully-functioning "Safari" snorkle, a custom 42 gallon gas tank, a powerful stereo system, equalizer with subs, an exceptionally sturdy roof-rack with an equally sturdy steel box attached, upgraded Voyager captains chairs for driver and passenger up front, 15x10 rims (Land Cruiser centers with 3.25 back space for correct fit)) powdered coated with Goodyear MTR’s 35x12.5 tires (3k miles on tires), and protective ARB Sidebars. Updated side view mirrors (Toyota non-USA) on both sides and KC lights all around finish out this beautiful build. I'm probably leaving something out; that's just how tricked-out this Landcruiser is.

4-19-10-019.jpg

4-19-10-016.jpg

We're asking $35,000 because the vehicle, fully loaded, is worth that plus a little. That said, if you're interested but can't quite afford the price, we'll gladly remove as many of the extras from the car as you deem not-needed to get the price down. We'd even swap out the Cummins engine and the transmission with one of your own for free (labor wise) if you're not willing to pay the $15,000 that just those two parts add to the price.

We're flexible, basically.

4-19-10-005.jpg

Please email me (or call me) with any questions, or to setup an appointment to come see the Landcruiser. We encourage any potential buyers to come check it out if you can so you know everything is legit. As sorry as I am to see this one go, I'm sure the new owner will be thrilled with their purchase. I mean, you can drive it through a river... Not that you'd need to on a regular basis, but come on... How cool is that?

I will be checking this thread for replies, but you can also email me at j.johnson@jj-consultants, or call me at 240 575 3681.

The guy to ask for is Josh Johnson, and he's looking forward to your call.

Thanks.

-$1000 for John Deere wheels.

All kidding aside, I wish I had the funds for something this tricked out. It's basically what I'd love to make of mine. Best of luck with a really kick-ass cruiser.

Thanks for the well-wishes, Sauce.

We dug up a few more pictures of the Cruiser in all its glory. The picture quality isn't that great, but showing the vehicle off-roading with treads I think makes up for that.

tan1.jpg

tan2.jpg

tan3.jpg

No, the treads don't come with the car. They've been gone for quite some time now.

The setup sounds sweet, but I'm thinking if you want more than tire kickers, you'll want to post up pictures of the engine bay, the undercarriage, the interior. You also may want to be forthcoming with rust spots and any other issues that you've become accustomed to, however don't work as expected.

It sure looks nice on the outside!

Hey Project.

More than fair enough! The engine pic I took blurred a touch, but I'll take another one soon.

4-20-10-001.jpg

I don't have access to a lift at the moment, so I rolled under it and took a few. Was a tight fit, so it's not as wide as I'd like, but I'll try again when I go back to take new ones of the engine.

4-20-10-009.jpg

Like I said, more pictures coming. And when I'm there next I'll look over the body to see about any rust spots and the like, but I'm not thinking there's anything real note worthy.

Will confirm that shortly, post up whatever there is.

Admittedly, this is a very dreamy cruiser. It is worth a good chunk of coin. However, it is still a 27 year old truck that comes with no warranty. 35 is just too much…Someone has to say it.

Hey Duckling.

"No warranty" is in fact a scary proposition, I understand, but the only reason we can't offer a warranty is because someone can then go and put the wrong motor oil in our pristine engine and destroy it in 3000 miles because they didn't care for it properly.

While we are selling off this, which has been someone's personal ride, you're actually buying it from our shop, and we take pride in building and maintaining our reputation. The workings of this vehicle are top-of-the-line, in showroom-shape, they're professionally maintained, and we'd welcome any mechanic to come inspect it themselves to provide independent verification of that.

Besides; The $35,000 I quoted is, believe it or not, the sum total of the value of the parts in it. You couldn't recreate this car for less than 45 grand with labor, and that may very well be a low. The body is that of a 27 year old car, but everything else in it is way younger, and in awesome shape.

That said, you guys asked for a complete run-down of what's "wrong" with it, and I went ahead and compiled that for you.

The flaws:

1: I've been told there's something screwy with the starter. That's a $185 part that we're going to go buy ourselves and replace before anyone buys it. So, while I felt I should mention that in the interest of full disclosure, it's not really a factor to any potential buyer.

2: Near the front right wheel there's a little damage, but I mean little. Here's a picture.

flaw2.jpg

If that creates a problem for someone, we can talk about a price reduction for it, but it's hardly a fatal flaw. It's also the single biggest issue on the car.

3: One more spot on the back right, as shown here in detail:

flaw1.jpg

And a little rust spot over the left rear tire:

flaw3.jpg

And that's it. Well, actually I heard the CD player ate a disk last month, but that's just the CD player itself, I'm pretty comfortable saying that this Cruiser is in awesome shape.

The price is steep, I'll certainly not argue that, but since it is just the total value of the parts (when we did the math it came to $34,350-something. We rounded up), it is certainly fair.

You're not getting a car from some random person, you're getting the personal toy of a man who ate slept and breathed Cummins diesel engines. This is, legit, one of the most tricked-out and powerful Land Cruisers you'll find anywhere. And again, we encourage anyone who would consider buying it to come see it yourself, or to send a mechanic you trust to come verify it.

And again, if you really want the car but can't swing 35 grand, we could probably shave 4-8 grand off the price by removing the custom bars, the extra lights, the snorkel, etcetera. You can actually take quite a bit off of this thing and still have one of the baddest cruisers on the road.

Please, continue asking questions, and voicing any concerns you may think of. I don't (and won't) take any offense. I'm selling this thing, and you guys have the right to know everything there is to know about it if you're to consider buying it.

I look forward to your responses.

wasn't this truck for sale on eBay a ways back, with the tracks? It was in Montana or Wyoming? Seller had the truck built in Texas?

We'd even swap out the Cummins engine and the transmission with one of your own for free (labor wise) if you're not willing to pay the $15,000 that just those two parts add to the price.

are you saying that a 12valver with 85k on it and an nv4500 are worth $15K?! around here, i can buy a clean good running fj60 with no rust and a complete dodge truck with a 12 valve engine and 5spd in it and still come out under $15k.

not trying to bust your balls, just curious how you come up with that price tag?!

are you saying that a 12valver with 85k on it and an nv4500 are worth $15K?! around here, i can buy a clean good running fj60 with no rust and a complete dodge truck with a 12 valve engine and 5spd in it and still come out under $15k.

not trying to bust your balls, just curious how you come up with that price tag?!

Agreed... I thought the same thing...

When I bought my 1989-1/2 -90 Dodge Cummins I pulled that gay piece of plastic 2 plastic bolts (that says dodge cummins and threw it on the ground at the dealer. Back in the day before diesel was popular like95or something my starter fxxxed up and it cost like 700 bucks

Good Luck!

I don't really post much here but I HAVE to make a comment about this!

Are 27 year-old rusted and dented Toyotas' with engine swaps and spray painted steel wheels really going for $35,000??? Man, I'm in the wrong business!

If someone pays $20K I think that would even be a stretch. That body is beat to hell and back.

I can get a totalled Dodge truck for a few grand with a 12Valve setup. The 12Valve motor is sooo basic there are only a few wires to hook up anyway for a swap......

To the top for a great concept/swap.

Yea, nice swap, but really $35k? You can NEVER get what you pay out of a used, swapped vehicle. Summed up all the parts to get the price, not in this world. Truck is nice and wish I had a diesel in mine, but not worth more than $15k. You can get a 60 series diesel swap for under $15k all day.

agreed, 35k is a bit steep - the sum of the parts is never a good valuation method. Everyone knows you never get your money out of vehicle mods.

Anyone can buy 12 valve cummins for 1500$ including the NV4500. The body is beat up, and those wheels don't help.

With the mattraxx that rig looks awesome, and I'm sure you did a great job installing the engine. I'm just not so sure if it's worth 35k

The guy is trying to sell the truck. Move the other stuff to chat and discuss to hearts delight.

I remember it for sale awhile back also.

The guy is trying to sell the truck. Move the other stuff to chat and discuss to hearts delight.

The thread is over a year and a half old BTW ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom