Explore Nevada 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dunkane the beta looks epic...I forwarded it to my girlfriend and she said "the beginning is epic!"....I agree...don't forget to include the other two dogs on the trip: Zieg and Raj. :)

Dunkane the beta looks epic...I forwarded it to my girlfriend and she said "the beginning is epic!"....I agree...don't forget to include the other two dogs on the trip: Zieg and Raj. :)

yes, but i don't have any video from them, so if someone could send somes :)
on a dropbox account to dunkane@serie4.fr, i'll include them... :)

finishing the video editing is a fxxxing mess...my computer is ready to die, because it's HD video , 22 mbps bitrate...and soon i'll have the "desterdude" music, so i' think 'll be a good video..

keep in touch !

finishing the video editing is a fxxxing mess...my computer is ready to die, because it's HD video , 22 mbps bitrate...and soon i'll have the "desterdude" music, so i' think 'll be a good video..

keep in touch !

Dude,

Hang in there.
You're almost done

Alvaro

I didn't get a chance to read every bit of it but I enjoyed the pictures immensely! Thanks for sharing them. I am reminded of WHY I want to get a Land Cruiser again. Next summer, I'm hoping to do a trip much like this.

I didn't get a chance to read every bit of it but I enjoyed the pictures immensely! Thanks for sharing them. I am reminded of WHY I want to get a Land Cruiser again. Next summer, I'm hoping to do a trip much like this.

You're welcome. There's no place like Nevada!

No kidding! How did you learn of all these roads? Or, did you just use best guesses and GPS? I guess the more correct question would be: How did you plan the trip and what did you use for navigation?

A few pics from Tom Ferrin of Eureka Nevada. This town's folks have real pride in their little place in Nevada!

I guess I should follow this section a little more closely, you guys were in my little hometown. Our ranch is 15 miles north in Diamond Valley and I would have loved to show you around a little bit. You found the best restaurant, and the best coffee shop, believe it or not there are in fact two! Every few years the Chinese restaurant opens up as well. Next time...

Hit me up if you guys are out this way ever again, I'm usually crazy busy but I can offer some tips on routes and such. But from the sounds of it you know the area better than us "locals"

Good stuff, thanks for sharing

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
No kidding! How did you learn of all these roads? Or, did you just use best guesses and GPS? I guess the more correct question would be: How did you plan the trip and what did you use for navigation?

Its what we do. Jack, Darcie and I have spent thousands(!) of miles on-trail exploring here in Nevada the last 5+ years. And we still feel we haven't put a dent in what's out there (here ;)). Its a love of our wild Nevada thing!

Last edited:
I guess I should follow this section a little more closely, you guys were in my little hometown. Our ranch is 15 miles north in Diamond Valley and I would have loved to show you around a little bit. You found the best restaurant, and the best coffee shop, believe it or not there are in fact two! Every few years the Chinese restaurant opens up as well. Next time...

Hit me up if you guys are out this way ever again, I'm usually crazy busy but I can offer some tips on routes and such. But from the sounds of it you know the area better than us "locals"

Good stuff, thanks for sharing

Craig

So sorry Craig...I inadvertently selected the "edit" button...again :rolleyes:.

Anyway here's what I meant to post in my own post: Yeah...too bad we didn't connect Craig! The White Pine range is one of my favorites! But that's also like a parent saying which kid is their favorite :D. And Eureka is one of only a couple little towns in Nevada that really show their pride in their community; never get tired of visiting Eureka! Love "your" part of Nevada!

Dan

Well perhaps next year when I have acquired a FJ60 and have done a bit of work (axle rebuilds, t-case seals, whatever is needed or is overdue) then I might be able to join you (upon invitation of course!). How long do you usually spend out? I'd like to take a full week off next summer and camp across Nevada.

If you have suggestions for what is needed, please let me know. I'm thinking FJ60 with 33's, no lift, ARB in the back, and lower gears if *really* needed. Perhaps a winch that can be moved front to back with receivers. I have delusions of chopping one up but we'll see what really happens ;)

Ryan, nothing to add above what others have posted. Just make sure what you have is properly PM'd and reliable. Other than that get the one you think will make you happiest the longest.

FWIW I originally, before deciding on my current 100, shopped for a 60 (about as far apart from each other as you can get :lol:). Still love the looks of a 60; probably my favorite LC (North American of course ;)) overall...but I do like them all.

Its what we do. Jack, Darcie and I have spent thousands(!) of miles on-trail exploring here in Nevada the last 5+ years. And we still feel we haven't put a dent in what's out there (here ;)). Its a love of our wild Nevada thing!

Yep. We usually look at a map, choose an area we would like to explore and head that way. Then we look for the crappiest, smallest roads (thanks to Darcie and Dan) and try to find and take them.

Jack

Wow, I jut stumbled across this section. You guys up north are far more organized and do much better runs then we do here in southern Nevada. I may have to start heading up there for some of your bigger trips if that is ok. This trip looks like it was simply awesome.

My mind can't get around the concept of a less organized group than ours. :lol:

No kidding. I thought we do the whole "club" thing in the loosest way possible.:hillbilly:

Jack

My mind can't get around the concept of a less organized group than ours. :lol:

Hahahaha. I hear ya! Come on down to one of our runs led by Robert. You will see what I mean. Hurry up and wait will take on a whole new meaning!

Seriously, we just aren't that good at getting trips up and running. Day trips no problem, but anything more than that nobody ever seems interested. Exploring Nevada offroad for multiple days with just one vehicle doesn't thrill me.

Hahahaha. I hear ya! Come on down to one of our runs led by Robert. You will see what I mean. Hurry up and wait will take on a whole new meaning!

Seriously, we just aren't that good at getting trips up and running. Day trips no problem, but anything more than that nobody ever seems interested. Exploring Nevada offroad for multiple days with just one vehicle doesn't thrill me.
If you can find one or two others in the club that are interested just do it on your own. As with the Explore NV run if someone takes the lead others usually follow.

Do a weekend trip up Rainbow Canyon to Kershaw Ryan State Park and post pictures when you get back. The next time you post up a trip at least one or two others will want to go along. Your hitting the prime season for camping down there right now, no time like the present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom