Dodge Allison transmission-Dodge rumor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Somebody told me this was coming down the line, and even talk about a cat to push it. Can anyone verify? I think he's been blowin' too much smoke.

Been the rumor for a few years I haven't seen any verification of it yet. Maybe someone else has.

Do some searching, Cat's already push Allison's in off road light and medium duty trucks and implements. Cat paid for lots of the tooling in the allison plants. There is a certain feasibility issue however due to emissions, retooling for onroad and overall cost of production.

It sounds like this guy who told you this was blowing excessive smoke, I don't think Dodge will be dropping Cummins anytime soon. The 07 6.7L Cummins powered Dodges are using an Aisan Seiki six speed auto transmission for the first time, I would think that this transmission would be used for at least a few years before switching to something different. When I hear Daimler Chrysler officialy anounce something about a switch, then I'll beleive it.

Can't wait to get my hands on the 07 CTD, I'm sure we will have some soon, the GM's and Fords are rolling in. I think that new trans will be quite nice.

dodge announced that Cummins will be supplying a fuel efficient little diesel for Dodge 1/2 ton trucks in the 2009 model year.

Cummins/Dodge ain't goin' nowhere but closer/better............they're in LOVE.

"Our all-new Cummins engine will offer future Dodge Ram 1500 customers the ultimate in terms of fuel economy, refinement, reliability and durability,” said Tom LaSorda, Chrysler Group President and CEO. “It’s another example of the Chrysler Group bringing new, clean, quiet diesel technology to the marketplace.”

The new clean diesel engine will meet 50-state emissions standards for 2010. In March of this year, Dodge will offer a 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel in its Ram Heavy Duty trucks. The new engine meets 2010 standards in all 50 states.

“We are pleased to build upon our 18-year partnership and brand franchise with the Chrysler Group by providing our new light-duty diesel-powered engine for use in the Dodge Ram 1500,” said Tim Solso, Cummins Chairman and CEO. “We know customers for this product will demand high performance. We also know that we need to be extremely good at fuel efficiency and emissions control in order to succeed in this market. Cummins will use its technology leadership to meet all of those criteria, while providing the driving public with an exciting new diesel engine alternative for the popular Dodge Ram series.”

Chrysler Group Diesel-Powered Models
In the United States, current Chrysler Group diesel-powered models include the Dodge Ram Heavy Duty, powered by the new 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel; the all-new Dodge Ram 3500 Chassis Cab, with a new 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel; the Dodge Sprinter, with a 2.7-liter Common-rail Direct Injection (CDI) turbodiesel; and the Jeep® Grand Cherokee, featuring a new 3.0-liter V-6 turbodiesel engine (which hits the market early this year).

Wow, I can tell you've done some homework.
Got any info on whats going on in the Ford And Chevy camps?
( Re: diesel changes ).

i beleve everyone is going to have new diesels by the end of next year. one my rag mags has article in it compareing the three new motors. have to find the issue.

Allison has been around since the 40's.. you can retrofit one in almost any situation wanted... all that is needed is a adapter plate and a flex coupler... the most common models are AT540, AT542, AT543, AT545 — MT640, MT643, MT644, MT647, MT648, MT650, MT653DR, MT654CR, MTB643, MTB644, MTB647, MTB648, MTB653DR, MTB654CR, MT30, MT41, MT42 — 1000, 2000, 2400 — MD3060, MD3060P, MD3560, MD3560P, MD3066, MD3066P — HD4060, HD4060P, HD4560, HD4560P — HT740D, HT740RS, HT741, HT746, HT747, HT748, HTB748, HT750CRD, HT750DRD, HT754CRD, HT755CRD, HT755DRD, HTB755CRD, HTB755DRD — VH, VH2, VH4, VH5, VH6, VH7, VH9, VS2, VS2-6, VS2-8, V730, V731, VR731, VR731RH but whats gonna be special is the Hybrid Electric EP50 Drive Unit..... final results..........

i heard of a custom shop that was hooking up the new allison tranny in dodge trucks for 6000.00 out of my price range:crybaby:

Cummins and allison.

sadly cummins as alread dropped dodge do to contract laps. They would have stayed with dodge but the small cummins in a half tone was the last straw and for took the chance to bye half the stock of commins.

dodge announced that Cummins will be supplying a fuel efficient little diesel for Dodge 1/2 ton trucks in the 2009 model year.

Cummins/Dodge ain't goin' nowhere but closer/better............they're in LOVE.

"Our all-new Cummins engine will offer future Dodge Ram 1500 customers the ultimate in terms of fuel economy, refinement, reliability and durability,” said Tom LaSorda, Chrysler Group President and CEO. “It’s another example of the Chrysler Group bringing new, clean, quiet diesel technology to the marketplace.”

The new clean diesel engine will meet 50-state emissions standards for 2010. In March of this year, Dodge will offer a 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel in its Ram Heavy Duty trucks. The new engine meets 2010 standards in all 50 states.

“We are pleased to build upon our 18-year partnership and brand franchise with the Chrysler Group by providing our new light-duty diesel-powered engine for use in the Dodge Ram 1500,” said Tim Solso, Cummins Chairman and CEO. “We know customers for this product will demand high performance. We also know that we need to be extremely good at fuel efficiency and emissions control in order to succeed in this market. Cummins will use its technology leadership to meet all of those criteria, while providing the driving public with an exciting new diesel engine alternative for the popular Dodge Ram series.”

Chrysler Group Diesel-Powered Models
In the United States, current Chrysler Group diesel-powered models include the Dodge Ram Heavy Duty, powered by the new 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel; the all-new Dodge Ram 3500 Chassis Cab, with a new 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel; the Dodge Sprinter, with a 2.7-liter Common-rail Direct Injection (CDI) turbodiesel; and the Jeep® Grand Cherokee, featuring a new 3.0-liter V-6 turbodiesel engine (which hits the market early this year).

sadly cummins as alread dropped dodge do to contract laps. They would have stayed with dodge but the small cummins in a half tone was the last straw and for took the chance to bye half the stock of commins.

sadly cummins as alread dropped dodge do to contract laps. They would have stayed with dodge but the small cummins in a half tone was the last straw and ford took the chance to bye half the stock of commins.

Ford has not said if they are going to put the cummins in for yet but you allready know this one! the only thing a ford needs now is a good tranny and they might be a good truck again. I not sticking up for ford, I love chevy and dodge but working in the oil fields the ford chassis are are the best as for the rest they alot of imrovement to do. But all the truck have there strong points and weak points it's just the matter of what your using it for!!

sadly cummins as alread dropped dodge do to contract laps. They would have stayed with dodge but the small cummins in a half tone was the last straw and ford took the chance to bye half the stock of commins.

Ford has not said if they are going to put the cummins in for yet but you allready know this one! the only thing a ford needs now is a good tranny and they might be a good truck again. I not sticking up for ford, I love chevy and dodge but working in the oil fields the ford chassis are are the best as for the rest they alot of imrovement to do. But all the truck have there strong points and weak points it's just the matter of what your using it for!!

:rolleyes:You are fawking tard, CTD and Dodge are locked together just fine, ford is building their own stuff just fine and you seem to know jack s*** about it.

Rumor mill's been spinning that yarn since 2008.

Let's start our own:

GM decided to reinvest the Duramax brand into household appliances, starting with the new 2012 Duramax Toaster.
Ford bought Fiat and will be putting an Alfa Romeo drivetrain in the 2013 F150.

Go!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom