2H Auto (A440) Fuel adjustment? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brother and i just got done installing a turbo on his 87 HJ60 auto. I have searched quite a bit on adjusting the fuel and everything I have found is for the H55F 5spd 2h's not the Auto. I know the injection pump is different as well as there not being and EDIC.

Where is the adjustment for the fuel? I only see one bolt that is safety wired and its on the top of the pump facing towards the rear of the engine.

Any help or pictures would be great!

Small fuel screw at the top of the pump at the back under the intake manifold.

Undo the 10mm cap (may be wired shut) and remove it. Don't lose the copper washer.

Use the correct allen wrench to hold the adjustment screw in place while you use a 10mm box end to loosen the lock nut.

KEEP TRACK OF YOUR ADJUSTMENTS !!

Add about 1/2 turn fuel (tighten to add fuel on this engine, the 12HT is loosen and the screw is found on the other side of the hump at the top of the pump), and then hold the allen head adjustment screw in place while you tighten the lock nut, replace the washer and cap, then go for a test drive.

Keep your EGTs in check.

~John

Thanks John!

With no fuel adjustment at 8psi on the hwy (100kms/hr) it's at 800f pre turbo. If you accelerat it's getting hot. Said he saw 1200f and backed off....bost was still at 8psi. Looks like we may need to back off the fuel a bit. As soon as he hits the mountains it will be pumping the EGT's up there quick. I guess we could always add a few more psi and see if it cools off.

I told him from now on to not let it get over 1100f.

Ever seen high EGT's on the a440 12ht's on the hwy just for reference? I was not with him so am assuming the tc was locked, not sure that makes much diffrence tho.

Around town and on hills in the area he has not seen over 1000f so far just that one bit on the hwy giving it a bit.

Also the truck has never smoked under acceleration and is still not with the turbo.

Thanks for the help again!

Well we adjusted the fuel setting last weekend after getting the rest of the maintenance items fixed.

We did 1 full turn of the fuel screw and wow! Night and day difference! We could feel the extra power pulling out of the driveway. Finally feel we are getting some benefit out of the turbo on this thing. No smoke and EGT's are good, on a long hill they will hit 1100F but its controlled with the throttle. Takes was less throttle to get up to speed and does not require the truck to be revved out as much to get going, much more pleasant experience.

you can adjust your boost at turbo wastegate ( easy if it's adjustable ) if not boost controller can do the trick. How much boost .. it's all on your turbo map .. not making it surge.

you can adjust your boost at turbo wastegate ( easy if it's adjustable ) if not boost controller can do the trick. How much boost .. it's all on your turbo map .. not making it surge.

Yeah its got an adjustable gate on it. Right now we are running 8psi on it its a T3 Super 60 .48A/R turbine and .48 comp cover.

Right now we do not have much boost below 2000rpm (3-4psi) on the hwy at 100km/hr (2400rpm) its at about 7psi. We do not want to push this old motor to hard its got 380k kms on it now.

I'm pushing 14 - 15 PSI so far and happy ..

Yeah I'm not sure how the A440 or the high millage 2h will like that. Its not my truck so I will let my brother decide if he wants more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom