Let's play a game... spot the mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rob.red
IMG_0251.jpg
IMG_0251.jpg

You have a curtain for your windshield now?

what program are you running on there?

man, I keep going back and forth between wanting to do something like that or install a Kenwood/Garmin head and put the Topos on a SD card.

Using the iPad as nav is a dream. The fast response and ability to run multiple apps at the same time is great. I had this in my Audi as well. For day to day turn by turn stuff I like the Pioneer just fine but If I had to pick one over the other - iPad would win.

THe mount folds back so when I'm not using it - it's out of the way.

IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0231.jpg

it stores it, but you still need the one with 3G to have the GPS work....or maybe you can get an external antenna I donno I've got the 3G one :D

it stores it, but you still need the one with 3G to have the GPS work....or maybe you can get an external antenna I donno I've got the 3G one :D

nope, have to have the 3g

btw :flipoff2:

Motion X can download map tiles (slowly) to onboard memory. If you use it you'll want to download on a wifi (fast connection). Places where data connectivity is available the map loading is pretty quick. The app itself is very well support and is very powerful. I've been using it since 2007. What do you want for $2.99. :idea:

As mentioned the 3g iPads have GPS in them so for your $130 premium you get GPS ans 3G connectivity.

I also use Scenic Maps USA which are Typo with full map database on-board.

My guess was going to be truck nuts.

You just need a Mac Mini running your nav screen and you'll have the ultimate pommes à trois.

I gave up on my iPad (gen1) navi as the screen was too washed out by sunlight to be usable. Is that not a problem for you? Are you using any kind of glare reducing cover or anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom