anyone familiar with this truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope.

No but it looks pretty clean.
How is your son going to afford the gas for a Land Cruiser? The 60's gulp gas just as fast as the 100's and 80's.

He'll be TOTALLY safe, and NEVER get a speeding ticket!!:lol:
Plus, there is a fair amount of maint. involved, so its a good way to get him to take care of his rigs by easing him in to relatively simple mechanics.
There is a teen age girl around my "hood" that drives an FJ26. I laugh every time I see her cuz I know EXACTLY where her parents minds were at when they bought that for her.:D (see first sentence!)

I found years ago, that the best way to avoid a speeding ticket was to buy a bone stock Samurai. Top speed was 60-70 on the flats and side stepping the clutch at 5K rpm wouldn't even bark a tire....

It felt like you were going fast, even when you were going 35, due to the poor steering and road wander. At 70 it felt like you could swap ends at any second.

Last edited:
He'll be TOTALLY safe, and NEVER get a speeding ticket!!:lol:
Plus, there is a fair amount of maint. involved, so its a good way to get him to take care of his rigs by easing him in to relatively simple mechanics.
There is a teen age girl around my "hood" that drives an FJ26. I laugh every time I see her cuz I know EXACTLY where her parents minds were at when they bought that for her.:D (see first sentence!)

FJ26 eh? Which model was that :D

You are right of course. I never got a speeding ticket in my 60.

Jon

thumper said:
FJ26 eh? Which model was that :D

You are right of course. I never got a speeding ticket in my 60.

Jon

Damn dyslexia!!!!

I found years ago, that the best way to avoid a speeding ticket was to buy a bone stock Samurai. Top speed was 60-70 on the flats and side stepping the clutch at 5K rpm wouldn't even bark a tire....

It felt like you were going fast, even when you were going 35, due to the poor steering and road wander. At 70 it felt like you could swap ends at any second.
At 17 I'm reasonably sure that I could have racked up enough tickets in a Sammy to make insurance cost prohibitive. Did it in a FJ40 with an F engine and a 3 speed. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom