What should I pay for a running FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Curious what I should pay for a running FJ40 with a repaint all original and no rust? Want to add another land cruiser to the stable here. Im looking at two of them right now......here are two im looking and these are the only pictures....just based on pics what price would you guys pay?

exhibit 1 76 model:
76landcruiser.jpg

exihibit 2 78 model:
78landcruiser.jpg

The light color yellow has one heck of a bumper. Looks like an equally stout rear bumper!! It does not have 76 turn signals. Just by the pics you have I would say the bright yellow is better looking. Absolutely no way to give a value without a bunch more pics. Location also plays alot into pricing. Rust free here on the eastcoast is like buying Platnum!!

The light color yellow has one heck of a bumper. Looks like an equally stout rear bumper!! It does not have 76 turn signals. Just by the pics you have I would say the bright yellow is better looking. Absolutely no way to give a value without a bunch more pics. Location also plays alot into pricing. Rust free here on the eastcoast is like buying Platnum!!
I thought the same thing on the bumper haha...insane i first saaw it. Well both are midwest cars so probably some rust I see on bumper, but owener I been emailing he said none. The one with the bumper is asking 3500 dollars I want to offer 2500 since I will be buying it sight unseen. I did that before on my current ladn cruiser and there were things I thoght should be fixed such as tires and stuff.

the light one looks like it might be a crappy paint job. Sprayed the bumper, bezel, who knows what else.

The 76' looks like it has some other year turn signals but for me the sound of the eingine is where its at, the body looks ok and the top visor area isnt toasted by the hood, as long as the motor sounds clean I'd take a gamble on 2000-2500, now since the bumpers look pretty hacked I'd say start low and dont go to high on price. You never know what else is hacked!
This is all based on my personal value of the 40 series and not a bluebook or the like.

My 67 cost me 1900 and it barely ran and wouldn't stop. but its a DD now(actualy the head is curently at the machine shop being rebuilt so Im down for a week or so) after roughly $4000 and all my own sweat, blood, and broken bolts ;^)

Thought I recognized it.

In in KC now but originally from Muscatine. I still have family there and in Davenport so I check the craigslist ads in those areas every now and then in case there is something interesting I need someone to check on for me.

thanks for your personal response...I will offer 2k and go from there see whta he saids.

Yes the 2nd one is from iowa the quad cities...I use the craigslist that a member built to check all cities within a state haha...I been checking cities that I frequent visit.

Oh Whats DD?
The 76' looks like it has some other year turn signals but for me the sound of the eingine is where its at, the body looks ok and the top visor area isnt toasted by the hood, as long as the motor sounds clean I'd take a gamble on 2000-2500, now since the bumpers look pretty hacked I'd say start low and dont go to high on price. You never know what else is hacked!
This is all based on my personal value of the 40 series and not a bluebook or the like.

My 67 cost me 1900 and it barely ran and wouldn't stop. but its a DD now(actualy the head is curently at the machine shop being rebuilt so Im down for a week or so) after roughly $4000 and all my own sweat, blood, and broken bolts ;^)

I paid 4500 for a Sep 76 build. The engine runs awsome, some rust on the quarters, sill, wheel well. And worth every penny IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom