FJZ rear axle in a FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ST8ROCKS

Kevin
Threads
Background:
Bought my 91 six months ago and have been doing all times of maintence work to it. Some PO in the past did a lot of work including AVM hubs and I just found out it looks like they swapped rear axles--I have discs in the back.

This weekend I put on the OME 2.5 lift and noticed that the rear axle sticks more just about an inch more on the PS. I got under another FJZ and it looked about the same. Maybe the lift and wheel spacers made it look more dramatic?

So should the rear axle stick out a tad more on one side or do I have an issue? I will post pictures here soon. I have not had any issues driving, there is a slight vibration between 10-15mph braking and accelerating, I was hoping this had to do with the caster brushings not being installed yet.

Thanks
-Kevin

Any time you lift a truck the axle will pull to one side of the other depending on where the panhard attaches.
To fix it you will need an adjustable panhard but it isn't going to cause you any problems really at just a 2.5 inch lift.

I also have a 94 FF rear axle on my 91. I had a 94 that I rolled and I swapped the rear axle before going to the junk yard. The PO did his homework. Good deal. To correct the offset of the axle, you can get a adjustable panhard like It1fire said. I also have it, but I'm running Js.

Yea I gained more than 2.5in but my suspenion was beyond shot.

The truck is a little higher on the PS aswell, would an adjustable panhard fix this too?

The truck is a little higher on the PS aswell, would an adjustable panhard fix this too?

a trim spacer will

Did you put the springs in the correct sides?

Yea springs are on the correct side.

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom