Why is there coolant coming from here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
fawcusfitness.com
The two bolts that are holding the oil pump cover in place that I bolted the turbo support to as is done with the 13bt engine...well the one on the right had some coolant come out of it when I had the bolt out...

You can see the dried up drip of coolant. I wiped it up and drove a few 100kms, it then appeared there was another slight drip. Why is there coolant coming from here? Engine runs perfectly well.
This is on an 81 BJ60
IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1275.JPG

Because that is part of the oil cooler. The oil pump is in the front of the engine, behind the crankshaft pulley.

The two bolts that are holding the oil pump cover in place that I bolted the turbo support to as is done with the 13bt engine...well the one on the right had some coolant come out of it when I had the bolt out...

You can see the dried up drip of coolant. I wiped it up and drove a few 100kms, it then appeared there was another slight drip. Why is there coolant coming from here? Engine runs perfectly well.
This is on an 81 BJ60

That large alloy plate is your oil cooler cover so it has coolant passing through it.

Let's hope it's just the gasket that's damaged and that the alloy isn't cracked.

OilCooler.jpg

:cheers:
OilCooler.jpg

Oh the oil cooler of course! I had not thought of coolant passing through it...
I can't see that it would be cracked...it never leaked before now and I have had the truck for almost 10 years. It only started when I pulled out that bolt. I torqued it back to factory spec as well...

So how can I stop the leak? Should I pull the bolt and put some ultra black silicone in there? I guess I could always pull the cover off and replace the gasket? This an easy one to replace? I don't want to give myself another job that could open up another can of worms if it is not a big deal...

Thanks for the fast replies!
At least I know it is nothing too serious :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom