6 inch lift on 33s too much lift for that size tire?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am workin on ordering in a lift kit for 33 inch tires. I have browsed pictures of different lifts for different inch tires and im just wonderin if a Slee 6 inch lift would be too much or look s***ty on 33s..... thanks

6 inch lift is to much for 35's
With 33's it would bad
If you want to stay with 33's I would go with either the stock height lift springs or a 2.5 inch lift

33's fit stock. 37's fit on 3.5". For 6" of lift, I'd be planning 40's.

6" would look pretty silly with 33s.:eek: A couple of guys in AZ run 6" with 35s and they look good.:hmm: I'm running Js all around, which gives me about 5", and 35s, it's a pretty good set up.:cool:

X3
I'm running a FOR 3.5" and 33's and that is too high for those tires. I did that because I plan on putting on 35's, so even if you are ever planning on going to 35's, 3-4 inches would be plenty of lift.

What they said ^

These trucks swallow tires. Even a J lift on 33's didn't look right IMO.

You would instantly want bigger tires. The larger the wheel well space, the more you want bigger tires.

...that being said, I don't think it would look too terrible. I have seen SOA fj60s on 33s and they don't look bad.

I just know how lift/tire relationships work. You always have one and want more of the other... which then forces to you to get more of the one you already have because it doesn't look right.

Wheel wells on these cruisers arent U shaped hemispheres like all those domestic trucks from the past 20 years (and i suppose toyota's recent ones too).

As such, you can actually fit large tires in them. Instead of being stuck with 33s no matter the lift.

Unfortunately, that also means you actually need to put large tires in the wells to keep the truck from looking stupid.

Historically a 2.5 inch lift has been used for 33 inch tires. A 3.5 or 4 inch lift for 35s and a 6 inch lift for 37s and up. That has changed recently with people commonly running 33s on stock suspension. It is all up to the buyer.

I'd go to Slee's site and read what he has to say about suspension before making a final decision.

33's fit stock. 37's fit on 3.5". For 6" of lift, I'd be planning 40's.

I'm running 38's with 6" and the front right tire hits the wheel well when I turn to the right all the way. The problem is exacerbated if there's any bumps in the road. There's no way 40's would fit without hacking up the wheel wells.

There is a lot to be said about different brands being different sizes.

I had 38.5x14.5 and when I went to 38x15.5, they got taller and narrower instead of shorter and wider.

I have a Slee 4" lift with no extra spacers or anything, just the kit as it is sold & 315's (34.5") tires -- even my 4" is overkill to lots of people here.

I had the OME Heavy lift with 33's & that was a perfect combination - I never rubbed through articulation & even "looks wise", it seemed to be a perfect combination.

I did get my 33's before I got the OME lift (2.5"), and I did rub a few times, to the point it sped up my timetable to get a lift installed.

If you're looking to just run 33's, I'd just get the OME lift as you won't run into any of the headaches that going to a 4" or 6" (or more) will entail like the driveline vibes, the pinion angles, or caster problems as you can correct for the OME lift with bushings & be done with it.

It's so headache free doing 33's that Slee even carries the speedo correction gear for that size tire - so not even your speedo would be off keeping the lift & tires moderate sized. It's a 10 minute / 1 banana job installing that gear.

I have the bugs worked out now, but if I knew the fuss getting my 4" lift to work as transparently as my old OME lift, I'd have stuck with the OME lift regardless of running either 33's or 35's -- plus you save some pretty decent coin if you stop at the 2.5" lift in addition to it being trouble & headache free. HTH

37's fit with 2.5-3" lift with properly BS'd rims. Personally, I think tiny tires and lots of lift is pointless and looks goofy as hell. Once you get into a lift over 3 or 4" youd be dealing with extended brake lines and a bunch of other crap. A lot of ppl end up chasing all kinds of vibrations after a huge lift as well....

Too much bull sh*t for nothing really.

Funk, really wide tires dont help rubbing issues.... My 37x12.5's dont rub lock to lock and I can cycle the suspension without issue.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/darwink1/3-2.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/darwink1/4-1.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/darwink1/5.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/darwink1/6.jpg

D

I just picked up my 315 Toyo MTs and will be running them with my OME 2.5" lift and with a 1" Roger Brown body light kit. I made the big mistake of buying 33" tires to begin with. As others have stated, these things eat tires with very little lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom