New Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I finally got the :princess: in a Land Cruiser, albeit at Lexus/Prado. Funny story about how this buy came about. We were shopping for a new ride, GX 470's, and she liked the new Touareg:meh:. The 460 was on my list for her, but there weren't any new or used around for her drive. We found a really nice 06 470 that I negotiated a really nice deal over the course of 3 days. After finally agreeing to my original offer, I brought the family in to move forward with the purchase. As the finance office was preparing for us my daughter was itching to go outside and look at all the cars (she has her Dad's sickness:bounce::bounce2:). As we are walking out I see a roof line I don't recognize.... its a 2010 GX 460.:cheers: While waiting for the finance office I'm expressing my regret in not letting the woman drive a 460. So when I saw it, I immediately paused the purchase of the 470 so she could see if this was something she liked better, it was. She came back with a huge smile on her face and she shyly asked "can I have this one". Now if you know my :princess:, which you don't, she rarely asks for anything and if she does it's to help someone else out. I just had to get it for her.:cheers:
The funny part of this story is that this truck was hidden almost out of sight because there was a family that went home to "think about it". I'm glad they did because I'd be in the 120 series figuring out how to replace that ugly wood trim.

Now for the pics...
gx460 012.jpg
gx460 010.jpg
gx460 009.jpg

Last edited:
New shoes - BFG Rugged Terrain

Added some new skins and so far so good. They are BFG's new Rugged Terrain tire that falls in between the Rugged Trail radial and the All Terrain KO. I opted for the 275/65/18
gx460 011.jpg
gx460 030.jpg
gx460 031.jpg

In 47 years of marriage to the same woman I have learned that it is always good to give her what she wants if possible -heh heh

I love that the new 460 has a CENTER CONSOLE! My biggest complaint about our 470 was the lack of somewhere to comfortably rest my arm. Do you have the third row removed, or does the third row sink into the floor?

Nice purchase and love the new shoes.

Jwp

wow, that is one sweet ride, soooo now, the 450 is 4sale, info?
I'm waiting for a guy's answer as I promised him first shot at it.

In 47 years of marriage to the same woman I have learned that it is always good to give her what she wants if possible -heh heh
47 years!! That's awesome.:cheers:

I love that the new 460 has a CENTER CONSOLE! My biggest complaint about our 470 was the lack of somewhere to comfortably rest my arm. Do you have the third row removed, or does the third row sink into the floor?

Nice purchase and love the new shoes.

Jwp
the armrest is nice, but the cooled seats are.. well... amazing. The third row folds down into the floor with a push of a button. You can fold one or both.

That is one of the best looking 460s I have seen.
Very cool. We have a GX470 now and the wife is starting to look around. We need to go drive a 460.
Please keep us posted on city and highway mpg. The 470 does 14 mpg city and 19 to 20 mpg on the highway and is a blast to drive.

My wife is exactly like yours... very nice truck :cheers:

Nice 460 Mike!

Now back to sleep, gotta get up early for the Bro-Am at Moonlight Beach tomorrow.
Thanks! Next time give me more than 2 hrs notice and I'll come check out the event.

electronic motor involved . ?

yes - the only way it comes. I wish they were manual or better yet removable.

I wonder if the toyota comes with manual or a different set up.

Just read on the clublex forum that you removed the side step. Would love to see what that looks like and if you have thought of putting a rock rail on there and if one available on the 4runner would bolt right up. The steps really don't do much in functionality except for drying off the roof.

pics with no running boards...

I removed the running boards per the :princess: request. I'm missing the finishing piece that covers the holes and weld seams along the rocker panel. Since Lexus says they don't build 460's without running boards - I'll have to go the Toyota route. I just hope its not the AUS market that I have to search.
189.jpg
199.jpg
191.jpg

Looks great. How do you like the tires? This is the first time I have seen them and would consider them on my next purchase.

Rugged Terrain review (5000 miles)

I'm really liking these tires. I just completed a trip to Grand Junction, CO (2000 miles round trip) and they rode great. I actually got to test them out in some thick, slick mud. There was a flash flood where Kannah Creek washed 1-2 inches of mud over the road. Most cars couldn't get through it. I had no issues at all. The GX looks damn good with some mud on her.
photo(86).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom