Ratpuke's Suckass Vacuum Repair Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings.

I have a lovely vacuum. Since August 8th in the year 2002, my vacuum has treated me very well. In return, I have abused it. Normally it can put up with this lack of compassion. It may be fitting to mention that I have never actually beaten it, rather just neglected to optimize its overall well being.

So here it is, in all its glory, my beloved hepa filter equipped Electrolux 9000, dressed in a lovely suit of baby blue.
1.jpg

Last edited:
This is how its underside appeared when it came from the factory (minus the dirt):
2.jpg

And... this is how it looks after I took it on a hardcore, albeit very brief, expedition from the top of my front step onto the paved driveway below (cruiser content: I was vacuuming out the 77 at the time).

:doh:

:censor:

:bang:
3.jpg

Now, it may not seem like a big deal, but you need to realize that 75% of my house lacks carpet and thus, the scraping across the floor thing is getting rather old when it's the berber floor that isn't being cleaned.

:hmm:

So, I decided to finally do something about this predicament. A few months ago I visited ye olde local tradeshow, at which I learned of a ye olde local vacuum supply store that is conveniently located next to ye olde local pawnshop, slightly hidden behind Vancouver Pizza (prior to the playoffs this was known as Boston Pizza).

But, they were no help.

The lovely vacuum lady suggested I contact the Aerus dealer in Grande Prairie. So, I did. The lovely lady assured me that she had one wheel in stock and it happened to be the exact wheel that I would need. Seeing that the posties are on strike, she stuck it on the greyhound and the very next morning I got a call to go pick up the package. :bounce:
4.jpg

Last edited:
$25 dollars later, I had myself a lovely box of granola bars.

What? Granola bars?

No. No Granola bars.... just protection for the fragile, hard plastic wheel in the greyhound envelope, along with a lovely handwritten note from the lovely vacuum cleaner lady who shall remain nameless. Yes, that's because I don't know her name.
5.jpg

Last edited:
I soon realized that I had a problem on my hands.
6.jpg

The wheel is the wrong size... and colour.

Oh my.

This sucks.

... to be continued.

:idea: Anyone have a spare wheel kicking around for an Electrolux 9000? ;p
7.jpg

Just bite the bullet and put on some 35s.

Is that a powerhead wheel?

I tried. The 35s don't corner so well in the hallway.

Which one? The brown one? No idea.

how did you get a picture of it before it broke?

Trick photography. :)

then you must have broke it on purpose;) or you have both pieces of the broken wheel if so jb weld or glue them damn pieces together and file it smooth...

next

or make a f'n wooden wheel with a hole saw and some plywood

then you must have broke it on purpose;) or you have both pieces of the broken wheel if so jb weld or glue them damn pieces together and file it smooth...

next

Guess again. ;p

just strap it to a small dolly. or glue the wheel to where it doesnt look broke and slap alot of vaseline on it to let it slide every where lol

make it into a back pack, then you can be cool

Turns out someone saw this cry for help and has come to my aid... supposedly.

Stay tuned.

:popcorn:

My sister has a turtle with a similar problem. Missing a back leg.

They glued a piece of plastic on it's bottom to make sliding easier.

That may work well in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom