VW Touereg seats in my 60, Almost! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Very excited. I picked up a pair of VW Touereg seats at the local U-pull it lot. Just figured out the power and heat wiring and now getting ready for the seat bracket fabrication next. Very comfortable, more firm like a sports car seat and just enough bolstering in the seat back and mimimal for the seat bottom for easy in and out trafic of a daily driver. Power ajustable in every way possible and heated :cool:

Can't wait to get them in.
DSCN3957.jpg
DSCN3958.jpg

Very nice!
I used Jetta heated seats in my 60. It took a lot more work to ger them low enough than I anticipated. How did you do it? Pics?

Be careful not to put power to the seat air bag when hooking up the power! Could ruin those seats fast.

I used BMW seat heat controls as they are cheap and simple. Lo and hi, unlike the 5 position VW ones.

Nice work.

good point!

Very nice!
I used Jetta heated seats in my 60. It took a lot more work to ger them low enough than I anticipated. How did you do it? Pics?

Be careful not to put power to the seat air bag when hooking up the power! Could ruin those seats fast.

I used BMW seat heat controls as they are cheap and simple. Lo and hi, unlike the 5 position VW ones.

Nice work.

Very good point. What a mess.! Thanks
We isolated the four main wires needed for all functions I'll be using. The remaining 30ish wires will be taped off and never bothered with. The daigrams read like a map of LA.

Installed, with Pic,s

installed.
DSCN4013.jpg
DSCN4014.jpg
DSCN4015.jpg

those look pimping... all you missing is the center console....!!

Could you post a photo of you sitting in it (or someone) so we could see how high they sit.

those look pimping... all you missing is the center console....!!

Thanks! I'm realy happy with how it turned out and the improvement in ride quality. Your right, Center console is next. I may build my own for a better, more true fit. Cheers

Could you post a photo of you sitting in it (or someone) so we could see how high they sit.

They have about 6inches of height ajustment. I estamate they are about 2inches taller than stock when positioned all the way down. Being 5'6" this is not a problem for me but might not work for some of you taller folk with out considerable work. I'll post another Pic for ref. laster this Ev. my toddler doesnt take the best pictures;)

good point!

Very good point. What a mess.! Thanks
We isolated the four main wires needed for all functions I'll be using. The remaining 30ish wires will be taped off and never bothered with. The daigrams read like a map of LA.
What wires were the ones to isolate? I'm looking at doing the same seats. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom