Aftermarket Air cleaner for 2f carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know of a different air cleaner preferably simple for a 2f carb. Was looking at k&n just need to get some dimensions. has anyone done this.

cruiserAUS said:
Anyone know of a different air cleaner preferably simple for a 2f carb. Was looking at k&n just need to get some dimensions. has anyone done this.

I must be crazy for trying this or thinking of this. I can't believe not one person has tried this.

K&N makes a filter to replace the stock one, however due to emissions most people use the stock air cleaner. There are aftermarket air cleaners that will work. But most look similar to what is done with the Webers.
k743m.jpg

Stock air cleaner and Denso filter is superior to aftermarket units - particularly K&N

Stock air cleaner and Denso filter is superior to aftermarket units - particularly K&N

Stock aircleaner didn't fit anymore, so I found this...probably better than nothing.
100_0393.jpg

Go with the OE washable/cleanable, non-oiled filter element for an FJ 80 in an FJ 62 filter can. Just need to make up some ducting and Pighead has already done the hard part of that.

Is that a Clifford Valve cover? NICE!

Dynosoar:zilla:

k &ns are not bad. it's mostly user incompetance. people tend to over oil them and that causes issues. properly used, k&n filters are just fine.

Go with the OE washable/cleanable, non-oiled filter element for an FJ 80 in an FJ 62 filter can. Just need to make up some ducting and Pighead has already done the hard part of that.

Will they fit? I assumed not, but would be nice to know they will.

The few air filter tests I've read consistently put K&Ns at the bottom of the pile for removing silicon, i.e. sand/dust. Use 'em if you want to, but do your research first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom