Will driving with P0510 code damage anything? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will driving with the P0510 fault code damage anything? Other than my walet due to poor gas mileage.

My '96 FZJ80 threw the "Throttle Postion Sensor" code today. It explanins my 9.5mpg - 10.5mpg average fuel consumption lately.

I searched and read the threads on here. The check looks pretty involved and although I have the aptitude to do it I simply don't have the time to tinker around with it right now.

Has anyone had this happen to them & simply just replaced the sensor? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to bump a old thread but my 80 threw this code last week after it started idling oddly. I just want to be sure I'm killing two birds with one stone on this one. Symptoms: Idles at the normal rpm until it warms up, then it idles at 1500rpm, and poor mpg.

Hmm. This was from a long time ago. As I recall, the fault code brought my attention to this. I bought and installed a new Throttle Position Sensor and cleared the code. It has yet to come back.

Hope that helps.

OBD codes are pretty discrete. The component associated with the fault code is either working or not. The FSM has all of the operating parameters to compare your component against.

Now if you are throwing more than one code, then just throwing parts at it will usually not work.

But if you are throwing one code that goes with a specified part, then I'd say it's a reasonably good conclusion that a new part will fix the issue.

Good luck.

My truck threw this code once. The next day I started it up and it was gone. Haven't had the light come on since(about a year).

What's the price on the Throttle Postion Sensor?

Thanks. P0510 is the only code its throwing.

Beno ill be giving you a call next week to order the part.

Does anyone have the part number for this, my truck just threw this same code. Thank you. Mark

Or even better, Onur can I get it from you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom