Who sells built rear diffs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen a few rear built diffs, but none with OEM 4.10's.

am I missing someone? I am currently open, but a rear e-ocked third new might be an option unless there are more choices....

I fried the rear (i think the pinion bearings gernaded) and really dont trust rebuilding it with the RP that is in it. I cant tell if they are good or not and a built diff might be cheaper than sourcing all the parts and then labor to have them put in.

thanks.

An OEM locked rear differential is discontinued from Toyota as an assembly.

You can, of course, salvage what you have and piece one together.

An OEM locked rear differential is discontinued from Toyota as an assembly.

You can, of course, salvage what you have and piece one together.

Are fronts still available? Not that I need one, just curious.

The guys at justdifferentials (MUD vendor) have some, I'm sure.
I sold them outright both of my open diff 3rds last year & the FR I sent to them (regear on e-locker diffs, FR & RR) was a BNIB complete e-locker 3rd, so if you're lucky they might still have my zero mile stock gears & my RR that went their way was fine as far as the wear pattern on the R & P.

No affiliation aside from being a satisfied customer: JTs Parts & Accessories

I have seen a few rear built diffs, but none with OEM 4.10's.

am I missing someone? I am currently open, but a rear e-ocked third new might be an option unless there are more choices....

I fried the rear (i think the pinion bearings gernaded) and really dont trust rebuilding it with the RP that is in it. I cant tell if they are good or not and a built diff might be cheaper than sourcing all the parts and then labor to have them put in.

thanks.

As a few of us have done, you can source a used locking diff + actuator and install that in place of your existing differential. If you want to go down the stock route you'll need the locking diff ECU, switch, passenger side axle & wiring as well.

First things first, you should figure out if your differential is really broken.

I've still got my open diff (w/ ~111k miles) laying around from my swap. If you need it perhaps we can make a deal.

pinion bearings are kinda wobbly. it looks like the r&p has some wear from it. not bad, but i dont want to rebuild it with a bad gearset...

supposedly had less than 80k on it before, so i dont know...

how much you think you want for that open third?

I have an unlocked rear 4.10 R&P plus the third out of my '96, removed at appx 151k miles when I went with ARB's and 4.88's. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. The R&P are already boxed up and ready to go. All are in excellent shape, and will sell 'em for cheap.

:cheers:

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom