Please help me with my OCD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a few questions, hopefully you all can help....
1974 FJ40

1. What are these items and where do they go?

image1.jpg

2. I finally got my Autometer 1309 kit in today.
Speedo/tach + Quad combo gauges. I opened the kit today and upon searching through the accessory parts I came across what I think is the water temp sending unit. However within the bag was this wire "thingy." What does it do? Is it supposed to be inside the sender? Is it broken? Both ends have the same taper to it.

image8.jpg

3. Can anyone post pictures of the rear lift door catch? Not the hinge striker inside the door but the catch mounted onto the tub.

4. AFAIK I have a SBC 350 mated to the stock Toyota 4 speed. I dont know what adapter I have. I already have a fabbed up bracket in place to run the slave cylinder. Can I use the stock toyota slave cylinder?

5. Vented gas cap. Which one. My fuel sep is cracked, no charcoal canister. Im in CA but am smog exempt. Some say dont use it, no problem. Others say hunt down the stock pieces but good luck doing so. Ive read the posts, orig toyo parts does/nt work, buy a stant and drill. I need part numbers and definite know how from people that are running venter caps or modified.

Thanks in advance, like my other posts have stated im new to the 40 world. Picked up the project in pieces without any prior knowledge on how to put one back together. Im pretty much going off all the info I read here as well as searching through pictures upon pictures.
I have selective obsessive compulsive disorder that thankfully only kicks in when im restoring my own projects ;). Ive tried reading through all the posts but im spent at this point. I refinished my hardtop over the weekend and im painting it this friday. Im also building my exhaust and finalizing my doors and throwing them on as well with the bonnet/front clip. I also need to finish my mojave heater mount and hook up the hoses, hook up driveshafts, etc.....

Ive had the rig for 2 months come this weekend. I want to get her running this weekend.

This is where im at :D
image9.jpg

image11.jpg

image12.jpg

The two metal brackets in the first picture bolt the top to the windshield frame at the top-front corners. They screw to the frame with the same style screws as the visors.

The single, larger bracket looks like it might be an original mud flap bracket. I have one on one of my rigs, but no picture.

Regardless of smog-exempt, you don't want your sweet rig stinking of fuel. Get a proper vapor seperator, a check valve and charcoal can and rig it up right. You'll be sorry down the road if you don't.

Running the proper fuel components is still an option its just sourcing good working parts thats the problem. I actually have a crapload of fuel line left over because I bought a 25ft roll intending to hook everything up. I just dont have the parts.

The rubber pieces are w/w gaskets...go between the motor, remote arm mech and the windshield frame

She looks good......miss her....but have plenty to do with the 45 project....

Keep up the good work

Yeah you do, if you ever need paint work ill introduce you to my coworkers. Theyll know the ins and outs about these things after we get finish practicing on my rig!!

BTW, I only have my storage unit till next monday so let me know if you want all those parts I didnt use. I dont have anywhere to store them. Steering wheel, b booster, bezel, SOFT TOP, etc, etc...

Where can I find a nice spare wheel and mount? I have the hinges and catch for the stock mount might as well get the other stuff!

The Large "L" bracket on the right with the rubber bumper is a window regulator stop for early doors.

Can someone snap me a photo of the rear lift door catch? I might have it and passes it up or maybe I can just make one.

Also, anyone have the proper fuel sep, can, and check valve for sale? If not which cap do I get? Is the toyo 77310-35019 the correct vented cap?

Yeah you do, if you ever need paint work ill introduce you to my coworkers. Theyll know the ins and outs about these things after we get finish practicing on my rig!!

BTW, I only have my storage unit till next monday so let me know if you want all those parts I didnt use. I dont have anywhere to store them. Steering wheel, b booster, bezel, SOFT TOP, etc, etc...

Where can I find a nice spare wheel and mount? I have the hinges and catch for the stock mount might as well get the other stuff!

Ill gladly take the left overs...I also found ya a spare carrier

Call me C

134C.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom