FJ40 uber lift springs for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cdaniel

Undocumented Mechanic-I Am Not CDAN
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
zot-art.com
Up for grabs is a pair of springs I had made by Valley Spring Service some years ago.

1st, let me say never leave a vehicle there as I had tools stolen out of my glove box (forgot to take them with).

These were built in an attempt to level out the rear of my 40 with the hard top on. It was level and then some afterward, and much too stiff. I didn't press the issue back then because of the tool theft, your word against mine etc etc. I just put them in the rear view never to be patronized or recommended. Shortly after that I pulled the hard top and went SOA on the rear.

They were barely used and not broken in. Freshly forged I guess. would probably be good for an ass heavy rig after a leaf, or two was removed. The picture shows the arch in comparison to some Rancho 2 1/2 and stock springs.

And for some reason the custom packs have the leaf I removed from my Rancho fronts stuck in there. I got no idea why. Maybe I needed storage back then. Any how, that leaf will be pulled out.

$50 for the pair

edit: Okay, while pulling out those errant Rancho leafs it all started coming back me. The above statement of not broken in isn't really accurate. They were on for a short time, and in that time they sagged to pretty much where I started. I added the extra leaf in an attempt to get it back to level. It helped, but still stiff.
DSCF0132.JPG

Last edited:
How about free for a price drop?

I have more springs than I know what to do with right now:p

How about free for a price drop?

I have more springs than I know what to do with right now:p

I don't need them. Hell, I just got rid of a set. :)

Whats the length and width on those? I just replaced the rear springs on my FJ60 with 62 springs, but saw only about 3/4" rise from what i assumed were flattened OEM 60 springs, so I've been thinking about dakkar medium/heavies for my rear to bring it up. Wondering if I can run those with the stock shackles that I have on, or if I would have to put longer shackles on. Trying to avoid that, since I don't want to replace the shocks, lengthen brake lines, etc.

Alvin took some photos of the wrenching we did a couple of weeks ago, so if he has those posted, you can see that with 32's, I'm sitting pretty low for the rear-wheel wells. Would like to have some more clearance so I don't grind my rubber if I bottom out.

Glenn in Tucson

Unsprung eye to eye dimension is about 41-3/4. Width is 2-3/4. They use a larger diameter aftermarket style bushing. FYI the eye to eye frame hanger dimension on an FJ40 is 42-1/8 measured horizontally. I don't know how that compares to FJ60. Probably shorter?

Whats the length and width on those? I just replaced the rear springs on my FJ60 with 62 springs, but saw only about 3/4" rise from what i assumed were flattened OEM 60 springs, so I've been thinking about dakkar medium/heavies for my rear to bring it up. Wondering if I can run those with the stock shackles that I have on, or if I would have to put longer shackles on. Trying to avoid that, since I don't want to replace the shocks, lengthen brake lines, etc.

Alvin took some photos of the wrenching we did a couple of weeks ago, so if he has those posted, you can see that with 32's, I'm sitting pretty low for the rear-wheel wells. Would like to have some more clearance so I don't grind my rubber if I bottom out.

Glenn in Tucson

I don't need them. Hell, I just got rid of a set. :)

Yes and most of two of those are parked under the front of my rig right now. :cheers:

Spring size

Unsprung eye to eye dimension is about 41-3/4. Width is 2-3/4. They use a larger diameter aftermarket style bushing. FYI the eye to eye frame hanger dimension on an FJ40 is 42-1/8 measured horizontally. I don't know how that compares to FJ60. Probably shorter?

I'll go measure the old set that I just pulled and see if its close. Can I put a tentative "MINE" on those until I can confirm? Thinking we'll try to make the CSC meet this month, would you be attending so I could pickup the springs there?

Glenn

I'll go measure the old set that I just pulled and see if its close. Can I put a tentative "MINE" on those until I can confirm? Thinking we'll try to make the CSC meet this month, would you be attending so I could pickup the springs there?

Glenn

Nothin' tentative about it mister, they're yours now! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaa!:D

I should be at the meeting and can deliver them there.

Darn and other comments

Glenn

The old ones I pulled are 45" along the length of the spring. The width is the same. Don't think that's gonna work for me, sorry dude. I guess someone who's got a hardback 40 is still waiting out there for those.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom