Weight 3B and 1hdt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
Hi!
Im going to put a 1HDT in my BJ42. Here in Norway we have some pretty strict rules about swaping engines in cars, and mostly it is because of wight issues.

I was wondering does anyone know how much a 3B and a 1HD-T engine weighs? I cant use any guestimations. I can weigh a 3B myself i have one extra enginge, but i dont have a 1HD-T (yet).

I was wondering what the weight of the 3B is too as I want to know if a 750lb engine stand will be ok to use?

They are your toes. But I wouldn't put a 3B onto a 750lb stand. I put it on a big heavy duty stand, and it was fine. I think from shipping that a 3B weighs in at about 825lbs with accessories.

Dan

I would not use nothing less than 1K stand at least to handle those engines .. 1HD-T it's a bit more heavy than 3B but you will surprise not that much ..

Ive had the siezed 3B that I use to fab up exhaust manifolds mounted up to a 750lb engine stand continuously for the last 7 years and no problems, but heavier would be better.
g

only to revive a old thread. does someone have a answer for the op?

was wondering the same myself.. but if the weight difference is to much i will not go down this road.

This is the closets reference I could find.

The Yanmar 6LP is 408kg without any outdrive/gearbox. I would imagine that the 1HD-T will be a bit less than that (no intercooler and oil fresh water/salt water heat exchanger). Interesting, there is more than one company doing a marine version of this engine.
http://www.yanmarmarine.com/index.cf...rboat-engines/

Still no info on the OP ?

I listed the weight of the 3B (for shipping).

I don't know the weight of the 1HD-T, but I have a few 1HZs. I put all of them (1HZs, 12HT, 3B) on the same Omega Rotating Engine stand. I wish I could find a 3,000 pound rotating stand instead, but this Omega Automotive Geared Engine Stand — 1250-Lb. Holding Capacity, Model# 31256 | Engine Stands| Northern Tool + Equipment Is the smallest engine stand I would use.

I wish it was bigger when rotating the 1HZ on it.

Dan

I love the worm gear idea on that engine stand. When I rotate my basic one I have to let it over slowly with my hoist or it flops so hard I think it would break if I did it again. Serously freaky.

Well.. This may not be any help but I recently had a fully dressed 13BT shipped to me and according to the freight company it was 414kg including the wooden pallet it came on. So I'd figure 350kg for a 3B.

The weight of an 1HD-T is about 270kg + turbo and manifolds
pNr0BAGZ-GadlWSfwNgjv5oMpWOVBNBzuuSLiU7pmLy3MMjUZFHM034ix2PbtXQlHCK_J6PTlAUiXX6ayr5oQix6YO1wdNhBcJN1Jd5D1Ffjf-2p6I7QbCQgtKfPGcgllEAi3m9ik9FxwcsgRrXwowcgXWBn9lWQA28cwas7vwPXgMgMOhiCJiljuDEZMAe8WWwGfRrPnkBcKrvwIpUheuw1HOl2OIDe75iQ4r9RXb6CgtvJVEvYDNYuiyvldXHc8dmy_XJHG6r3tQ66Mde-60lPVfh8EcwYH7y8sl3YN_BM4p-nSInuOZ7cG7-QBClH_McxxwofqOQOKwA3cLFuncYcYY5xxh1RW-o6C6l1pj6fbpPruUs1e3EylHGZlXJ0TGi5xJnX_kI-haXkSbWcF7dfnGYW2p_lGDdRTJWf9oULMlaiPMIXqUDxQ4hdzWwn9CVUgAtIMuqZj645kI-VyPx9FT3wu3uYLDfyKzVj9PZeTB0xt4ELsEx0LAx-ImsX-6KdR2LwG55hnvYszwob54vU3hBtwCj0bSvoefPEGr9g_5ppM5q2KgbywqL9P6KNTVRY=w630-h839-no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom