VSC/Trac and ABS light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:crybaby:
I do have a little problem since this afternoon with my 2010 FJ Cruiser Automatic transmission. About 13.500 miles on the clock.
The VSC and the ABS lights at the dashboards stay illuminated. Even if I push the VSC button shortly or during a few seconds, the lights stay there. Pushing the VSC only shows me a second light: VSC OFF.
With that goes that the gearshift is blocked :crybaby:. Only by forcing I can change to R or D.
Dr Toy, what's happening????
I did not have any offroading the last days.

Sounds like you need to have a dealer look at what codes are being stored in the ECU. My 2007 doesn't have the VSC kill switch, so I don't have any direct experience with your problem.

Good luck.

try to get OBDII codes, i have 4 lights on, and my problem was and still is :) bad Air Fuel Sensor 1 in Bank 1 and Bank 2, i replaced those and still no fix.

if you cant get those codes prepare to pay 100+ dollars at dealer ship :)

Yes, get the codes if you can. Many auto parts stores in the US (Autozone, etc.) have an OBDII reader that you can use for free or they will read the codes for you free.

First thing I'd do, after you get the codes read is disconnect the battery for some time to clear the codes. Hook it back up and see if they re-appear.

Basic questions...
- Any changes in the front end geometry (alignment, heavy hit, etc)?
- What happens when you shift into 4 wheel drive?
- Any "heavy" wheeling where you may have had rocks/sticks/water get up into your undercarriage?
- Those the only lights on? What about ATRAC light, 4x4 light, etc?

Thx, Monday I'm going to see a dealer. hope he has a reader.

Basic questions...
- Any changes in the front end geometry (alignment, heavy hit, etc)? A ,15 inch lift since I bought the car. Nothing mechanical or electrical changed on the car since I have it
- What happens when you shift into 4 wheel drive? I did'nt try now
- Any "heavy" wheeling where you may have had rocks/sticks/water get up into your undercarriage? Nothing, I left the gar behind the house and the next starting things went worse : Any wheeling, any offroading. I came home from shopping
- Those the only lights on? What about ATRAC light, 4x4 light, etc? - Only ABS and VSC
It's not the problem that I probably do not have ABS and VSC now, the problem is that the gearshift only goes away from P when I'm forcing on it.

:eek: Selfheeling ???? A couple of hours ago I had problems and now ......
everything is alright :eek: :eek: , no more lights at the dashboard, no more problem passing the gearshift :eek: :eek:

The only thing I did ......:
The STOP light fuse was burned and I changed it. Maybe that fuse also works at ABS light even if they are bigger ABS fuses......:rolleyes:

So if anyone has a similar problem: look at your STOP fuse

:eek: Selfheeling ???? A couple of hours ago I had problems and now ......
everything is alright :eek: :eek: , no more lights at the dashboard, no more problem passing the gearshift :eek: :eek:

The only thing I did ......:
The STOP light fuse was burned and I changed it. Maybe that fuse also works at ABS light even if they are bigger ABS fuses......:rolleyes:

So if anyone has a similar problem: look at your STOP fuse

This makes sense, since the brake pedal has to be pressed to shift out of PARK, if the fuse was blown the brake sensor probable wasn't working either.

I had this same problem last week, I disconected the battery for about a minute. all's good I read some ware that a loose gas cap set them off.

I had this same problem last week, I disconected the battery for about a minute. all's good I read some ware that a loose gas cap set them off.

Could be true, yet, wouldn't explain his issue with the tranny not shifting.

Without searching through the wiring diagram, it "seems" to make sense that the fuse could prevent the switch from being activated, signaling the ECU that its ok to shift out of Park.

Just hope that it was that simple...

Disconnecting the battery didn't help in my case. Replacing the broken fuse worked.
:whoops: Contrary, with the disconnected battery I now have to recalibrate the compass :hmm: and search for my lost radiostations

Last edited:
Hi, i had these same symptoms on my 2007 4runner, it was the gas cap. hope it's that simple for you!

Could be true, yet, wouldn't explain his issue with the tranny not shifting.

Without searching through the wiring diagram, it "seems" to make sense that the fuse could prevent the switch from being activated, signaling the ECU that its ok to shift out of Park.

Just hope that it was that simple...

Don't know about an auto :hmm: I run a 6 Speed

Just had this. It's usually indicative of a wheel speed sensor, in my case the front right or as we mechanics know it, C0200 fault. It will also kick up a fault of ABS control module failure. That second one, the ABS fault, is a by product of the speed sensor fault. The speed sensors aren't cheap, about $177 bucks. Get an OBDII reader and get the fault code, pretty sure this is what you have. Yes. pulling the -battery cable will clear it, however it will come back. It can be intermittent at times as sometimes the ABS unit will pick up the signal just fine, but then the signal gets interrupted either from a faulty senor or crap on the speed sensor ring. I pulled mine out and cleaned it and it was just fine.

The protocol on FJC is CAN. Make sure your OBDII is CAN and not ISO, VPW, or PWN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom