New Kaymar Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nottajeep

Enemies of the State
SILVER Star
Threads
Reading a bit of Toyota 4WD mag this week and noticed Kaymar launched new rear bumpers for the 80 and 100 recently. Love the extra clearance they improved on and added the LED's too.

I don't see these for sale in the US yet, but I bet we see them later this year at Manafre...
Pics and a writeup on this site (scroll down towards bottom of page).

KAYMAR New Products

*hopefully the "moderator gods" find this thread worthy from deletion:zilla:

New enough that nobody in the US owns one... The Aussies are a few years ahead b/c it's mfg and sold there. If someone discussed this already, I couldn't find it with the search...

New enough that nobody in the US owns one... The Aussies are a few years ahead b/c it's mfg and sold there. If someone discussed this already, I couldn't find it with the search...

Dont think the aussies being "a few years ahead" is why nobody in the US owns one.

Dont think the aussies being "a few years ahead" is why nobody in the US owns one.

Maybe the Aussie's have more LandCruiser money than the US mudders do. Called Manafre and these run $2700 with a tire carrier. I'm going to wait for the US dollar to stregthen. Maybe say Jan 2012 and maybe buy one then.

Would love to see more photos if anyone has them to share.

Well the dollar differences, the bulky design, and the fact they're pretty ugly (well not as ugly as an ARB) is why most people just buy a Slee bumper.

Well the dollar differences, the bulky design, and the fact they're pretty ugly (well not as ugly as an ARB) is why most people just buy a Slee bumper.

Facts.

Yeah, Slee's bumper is also shown in the same mag issue. It's a winner... and I seen various folks have good use out of it.
After selling my 80, I am not so much into rock crawling and more looking at the 100 as an expedition family rig. The little bit of extra bulk is ok by me.
I uploaded a pdf with some more pics from the kaymar site.

How ya been Garth? Enjoying those mats still?:cheers:

Attachments

• kaymar bumper1.pdf
    930.2 KB · Views: 231

not to mention shipping cost ..

Man-a-fre has or can get them. I think they quoted $2500+ shipping.

Last edited:
How ya been Garth? Enjoying those mats still?:cheers:

Doing good...but haven't seen our 80 in 9 months. We've been in a buddies 100 and he shuttled our 80 to and from The Cruiser Shop to get the HG replaced.

New 40th Leather and 2nd row reclining hinges ready to be installed this summer, though!

Maybe the Aussie's have more LandCruiser money than the US mudders do. Called Manafre and these run $2700 with a tire carrier. I'm going to wait for the US dollar to stregthen. Maybe say Jan 2012 and maybe buy one then.

Would love to see more photos if anyone has them to share.

Keep dreaming

It's not Thaaat ugly, but it sure is a lot of unnecessary metal.

Man-a-fre has or can get them. I think they quoted $2500+ shipping.

So really it's about the same price as the Slee out the door. Someone buy one and post up. Compare the pivot on the two models. The Slee lookes 1/3 bigger.

It's definitly not a swing out add on to an oem bumper as Steve stated.

You guys are talking about two different products here. Steve, the one you posted above is an add-on swingout for the OEM bumper.

The one Jason posted appeares to be a complete replacement bumper.

They are HUGE boat anchors and offer little over OEM. Versus other bumpers the Kaymar offers less clearance.

Yup, if clearance is the issue, get a 4x4Labs bumper and hack off the rear crossmember. You'll get a stronger rear crossmember (the new bumper) and the best departure angle in the business.

Slee is, of course, always a good choice, but gives up some clearance for bolt-on ease.

Yup, if clearance is the issue, get a 4x4Labs bumper and hack off the rear crossmember. You'll get a stronger rear crossmember (the new bumper) and the best departure angle in the business.

Slee is, of course, always a good choice, but gives up some clearance for bolt-on ease.

How does the 4x4Labs bumper offer any more clearance than the Slee? judging by the pic on the website, it looks almost identical. The Slee wraps around the body so without hacking the body apart I don't see how one would get any more clearance. Pics from the underside would be appreciated. To get a better departure I would think you would have to omit the tire carrier and have the bumper flush with the tailgate?

How does the 4x4Labs bumper offer any more clearance than the Slee? judging by the pic on the website, it looks almost identical. The Slee wraps around the body so without hacking the body apart I don't see how one would get any more clearance. Pics from the underside would be appreciated. To get a better departure I would think you would have to omit the tire carrier and have the bumper flush with the tailgate?

Slee retains the rear crossmember on the frame. Also, he comes out even further in order to incorporate a tow hitch, so it sticks out further than even OEM. Departure angle itself is still less, since it is so high up, but it's just one more thing to come down on when dropping off a ledge.

4x4Labs actually does away with the factory rear crossmember, which also sticks out beyond the body, so right there you gain about four inches along with lots of departure angle. I don't have any pics, but there should be plenty in search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom