Motorcycle advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin, TX until 8/04 then Chicago, IL until 6/11
So i'm moving to phoenix in 3 weeks.
I'm garaging the 60 (wahoo finally a garage!!!!).
I'm looking for something to make the 3 mile commute a little more economical and enjoyable.
It's all local roads and my budget is around $2K.
I road a bunch back in texas with most of my time on a 1984 Kawasaki vulcan (buddy broke his leg and I traded him cars for a month)
here are a couple of the bikes I was looking at.

1979 KZ 750 Bobber

2011 Bobber

So what do y'all think? Any suggestions?
Is there a bike equivalent to the 60? build like a tank, looks damn good and fairly easy to work on?

Thanks again for your help

Patrick

Bike equivelent to the 60 would be a KLR650. Way, way better choice than those hacked together, albeit cool looking, spine shattering montrosities you linked to.

BMW GS650/ 850/ 1200 are all cool.

Triumph Tiger 850 just won BOTY.

Cruisers I would lean toward would be a VT750, a Magna 750 or VTX1300.

It's important you get to work. Not be stuck pushing a Harley in the AZ heat.

If you want something really bad ass looking check out the Ducati sport monoposto

I know it doesnt apply to your question but I saw one of these up close while camping in Mi last weekend. Same color.
Wow, what a head turner. I'm drawn to more old school stuff but this bike was gorgeous.

Victory_Vision_Tour_2011_motorcycle-1.jpg
Victory_Vision_Tour_2011_motorcycle-1.jpg

Did I mention you were dead to me?

Yup dead to me too.

And that bike is super gay looking.

Did you catch that he went camping in MI last weekend? But bails on PYS? :rolleyes:

The Kawa's and BMW are great machines but not up my alley.
I love the stripped down look of the old triumphs.
I'm looking for something that looked like a stripped down bike without all the bells.

That ducati is beautiful. I looked that bike up and JESUS Gumby you have expensive taste. Ducati only made 100 of these bike. the net says 90 sold in use and 10 in canada. WHere the hell would you find a bike like this and how much would it cost??? retail in 07 was $11.5k

it gorgeous, but way out of my ability.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Patrick

I owned a coupla old Hondas. CB 750, CB 1100, & a CBR1000R
The 2 CBs were very reliable, good riding bikes
The CBR danced on my body very harshly one fall evening, fast as hell though
Hada CBX1300 six cylinder that was a handful. Not good for every day
Had a Kawasaki Z1 900. Nice bike

Hop
On
Nothin
Dumb
Ass

Kickin
Ass
With
A
Serious
Ass
Kickin
Intention

Tom, you're so lame....apple isn't a color....

I know it doesnt apply to your question but I saw one of these up close while camping in Mi last weekend. Same color.
Wow, what a head turner. I'm drawn to more old school stuff but this bike was gorgeous.

View attachment 526809

Did I mention you were dead to me?

Yup dead to me too.

And that bike is super gay looking.

Did you catch that he went camping in MI last weekend? But bails on PYS? :rolleyes:

Even though I'm not a fan of the body lines on a Victory Vision, I'm a huge fan of Victory's Cross-Bike series. I have the same engine trans and suspension and would glady put my bike against anything you ass wipes rode. Todd and John would both rather suit up in their leather rompers, douse themselves in olive oil and play hide the fist. You have to be quite secure in your manhood to ride a Vision yet the damn this is quicker than ANY tour bike you'd lay your hands on. Yes even Todd's beloved Valkirie There I said it Fxxx your Valkirie.Oh and John. Fxxx you too. Just because your gay ass would blow any BMW rider to show his face at your door step.

You got about three weeks where your 'Merican made pile will beat the Valk. Once I can ride again your ass is toast.

Then in ten years when mine still runs great and you're on your third or fourth version. I'll whup you again.

And that Vision is a Aztec ugly mofer.

You got about three weeks where your 'Merican made pile will beat the Valk. Once I can ride again your ass is toast.

Then in ten years when mine still runs great and you're on your third or fourth version. I'll whup you again.

And that Vision is a Aztec ugly mofer.

Put up or shut up Gimp. You're lucky I'm a nice guy and not embarrass you on that half a Gold Wing. Let me know when your ready to see my ass in chaps riding something your ass could never handle.

I second Gumby with the klr650 I'm on my second one in 15 years I commute on it off road it take it fishing mudding etc. They are BULLETPROOF. I also have a 2007 Softtail in my garage that is on loan from a buddy who is in Iraq. So far this season I'm into the harley for about 200 miles and the klr about 1500. If you are going to be downstate at all before or during the move come and take it for a ride the KLR community is as helpful as the cruiser community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom