Toyota Snorkel question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is the pre-cleaner for the OEM snorkel available separately?

IMG_3564.jpg

If so, will it fit the Safari or Iron man snorkels?

Yes to sold separately, I opted for the 70 series cleaner as opposed to the radar looking 80 series in your pic.

Don't have an answer for your second question unfortunately.

17730-17020 (radome style)

Currently classed as "non-import."

There are 5 in the US.

We have gotten them in the past before.

17730-66010 (7x series cone style)

Currently classed as "non-import". I have one in hand and can get more.

:)

Last edited:
I have one on my safari (for my 60 series). Its a little wide so you have to fit a sleeve for it to fit snug.

OK, I had to say it...the answer to the question in the parking lot is "yes maam, that is a portable Nexrad radar dome, and I am indeed part of stormchasers". :lol:

:cheers:

Steve

OK, I had to say it...the answer to the question in the parking lot is "yes maam, that is a portable Nexrad radar dome, and I am indeed part of stormchasers". :lol:

Steve

Or... I work for Google, I'm mapping your neighborhood.

So the cameras are to catch the look on the face of the perps when they try and 'jack your rig for the 2nd time, eh? Hijack over.

Steve

Yes :)

The reaction of thieves can be a funny thing :D

Radome Style: List: $73.30 MUD: $55.27

7x Series Cone Style: List: $109.12 MUD: $81.84

That's not bad at all :)

Just curious though, why is the cone style more expensive :confused:

I would've thought it would be the other way around :hmm:

just a note ..

Toyota snorkel it's just an raise air intake .. not really " sealed " for " deep " water crossing .. but It ( as pictured ) can be sealed ..

in another note .. that's a really good price for a Toyota piece of plastic ..

I've always liked the look of the Donaldson Cyclonic Pre-Filter... I've heard good things about them.

Unless you're stuck on OEM, that might be an option...

I've always liked the look of the Donaldson Cyclonic Pre-Filter... I've heard good things about them.

I was actually dead set on a 10", but I'd like to know a little more about the OEM before taking the plunge ;)

Anyone have detailed photos of the inside of a Radome?

Hell, my rig is already outfitted with multiple cameras constantly recording 24/7 :grinpimp:

dam dude, you get shot at once and it all bizness!!! :clap::cheers::eek::idea:

when do the flamethrower nozzles get installed? motion detection and face recognition algorithms... james bond eat your heart out!

dam dude, you get shot at once and it all bizness!!! :clap::cheers::eek::idea:

when do the flamethrower nozzles get installed?

Already have flamethrowers on the other cars, so it's just a matter of time ;)

motion detection and face recognition algorithms... james bond eat your heart out!

The cameras have night vision and the DVR is already setup to record by motion, but I'm also looking into a proximity sensor to replace the useless OEM window breakage sensor :hmm:

Already have flamethrowers on the other cars, so it's just a matter of time ;)

The cameras have night vision and the DVR is already setup to record by motion, but I'm also looking into a proximity sensor to replace the useless OEM window breakage sensor :hmm:

philosophically speaking. is it highjacking if the OP goes there too?? :rolleyes:

you need one of these, or 4, or ten. wired to bark the horns everytime it fires! muwahahaha

as for tech. i dig the OEM schnorks (lol at the diagram spelling), but i'd be afraid of getting a replacement if i ever scraped it off on something... :eek: seems like safari is way less unobtanium... anyone have good side by side pics of oem vs safari? best i can see safari exits considerably farther forward on the fender and has that top corner edge instead of the oem smoothed one? and i think antennas can be relocated anywhere :hillbilly:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom