Need heavy duty hoist and motor stand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll be removing and installing a newer (used) motor in my sons FJ62 in the weeks ahead and was wondering if anyone in the OC or surrounding area has a hoist and or engine stand they want to lend, rent or sell. I'm looking for a 2000lb. rating or higher.

Happy Memorial Day to you all and special thanks to any vets out there!

Motor5.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Sorry I don't have one, looks to be quite the project. Your wrenching skills will definitely go up once it's completed. Hats off to ya for doing it yourself.

Sorry I don't have one, looks to be quite the project. Your wrenching skills will definitely go up once it's completed. Hats off to ya for doing it yourself.

Thanks Tare, I just missed a nice hoist and balancer for $100.00 on Craigslist. :crybaby: BTW I used to buy and sell older cars and rebuilt a few motors as a kid. The issue here is cost, I spent alot on the truck and having a rod go was just bad luck. I found a good used motor with relatively low miles and good compression and I get shipping for free due to a family member who is in the biz. I'll spend a $1000.00 less to install a used motor versus a proper rebuild. It's a big risk but like you said the skills will be improved and I'll know the truck a lot better. Stop by for a beer some time and have a laugh. :D

Thanks, BFT. I saw Eric's stand the moment he posted it. It is the 1000lb. model from Harbor Freight, I really want to go to the 2000lb range to be safe and with gas prices going to San Diego is $30-40.00 drive...:)

Last edited:
Hoist and engine stand...Got em'

Thanks everyone for your replies, I appreciate it. Picked up the Harbor Freight 2000lb. hoist and 1000lb. engine stand for $160.00 cash today. They were almost brand new, slightly to never used. The guy bought them to pull a boat motor and gave up and sold the boat. :)

Great - when does the laughing :lol: part with a drink start? :cheers:

Maybe this coming weekend? I'll have a relatively good bottle of red wine waiting and you can sit in the bleachers and heckle us. :p .

Smitty would have offered up a good BOX wine. :cheers:

If you're thinking about replacing the side cover gasket or any other gaskets, it'd sure be a lot easier with the engine out than in.

Do it now if it even looks like it MIGHT leak, save the aggravation.

I have a cherry picker you can borrow, but am in carlsbad, let me know, don't have an engine stand but they can be had at harbor freight for cheap......

Thanks for the reply, I'm all set now!

Hoist and engine stand...Got em' Thanks everyone for your replies, I appreciate it. Picked up the Harbor Freight 2000lb. hoist and 1000lb. engine stand for $160.00 cash today. They were almost brand new, slightly to never used. The guy bought them to pull a boat motor and gave up and sold the boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom