2LT glow plug question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't find glow plugs for my 2lt. It's a 1986 so it's the older one with a mechanical injector pump.
How do I test them? I get 12V to all 4 and then after a few seconds it drops to 6V...and the glow plug indecator light only stays on for a second... Not sure what that means.
Anyone have a part number? Or a different engine that uses the same ones? I can get the ones off a delica for cheap and they look close to the same..

Also is there a different fuel filter I can use? The only one that I can find is $110.

Figuring out from what little info you supplied I assume you have a FJ7# from 1986 with a 2LT engine.
The EPC says: glow plug 19850-54071 6Volt for 12Volt battery system. This means that your rig is equipped with the "Super Glow" system which is described in this link: https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...gs-should-i-running-b-2b-3b-h-2h-diesels.html

Hope this helps a bit.

Rudi :beer:

Note: If yours is not a HJ7# please post the correct model. Makes the search for partnumbers easier.

Last edited:
How to check your plugs?

How to check your plugs?
Remove the bus bar and meassure each plug individual with an ohm meter for resistance. The reading should be less then 2 ohms.
If more then 2 ohm (=bad plug) or OL/infinity (=dead plug) means it's time for replacements of all the plugs, even when only one is bad or dead.

Again, if yours is a HJ7# then replacement plugs are Denso DG213, Bosch GPT221 or 0-250-202-073, Beru GV001, HKT PT147, VSP PT147, May PT147 and EIKO GT226.

Good luck,

:beer: Rudi

Last edited:
I don't even know what FJ7# is... Where do I find that?
Numbers on the plugs are 067100-1500 6v 2F but that dosent show up as a part number anywhere...

Thanks for you help!!!!

I don't even know what FJ7# is... Where do I find that?
Numbers on the plugs are 067100-1500 6v 2F but that dosent show up as a part number anywhere...

Thanks for you help!!!!

OOOOOPS big error on my side! I wrote FJ but meant HJ7# Sorry!!!

Ok, what model truck do you have? BJ... HJ...?

The number 067100-1500 is the original Nippon Denso number and is the same as Denso DG213.

:wrench:Rudi

Last edited:
Figuring out from what little info you supplied I assume you have a FJ7# from 1986 with a 2LT engine.
The EPC says: glow plug 19850-54071 6Volt for 12Volt battery system. This means that your rig is equipped with the "Super Glow" system which is described in this link: https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...gs-should-i-running-b-2b-3b-h-2h-diesels.html

Hope this helps a bit.

Rudi :beer:

Note: If yours is not a HJ7# please post the correct model. Makes the search for partnumbers easier.

I believe the 2LT engine doesn't come from any landcruiser Rudi. (I think it comes instead from a Hilux/Surf/4runner or something similar).

So that thread of mine is not applicable Rudi.

:cheers:

(I know nothing about these engines ... except to know that they are quite different.)

I believe the 2LT engine doesn't come from any landcruiser Rudi. (I think it comes instead from a Hilux/Surf/4runner or something similar).

Tom, you're right, but the 2LT is also used in the LJ70 which is a Land Cruiser model.
I used all the glow plug catalogs I have and checked back to 2LT and all say 19850-54071 and so on. Manytheman confirms this with the Nippon Denso number, so with the replacement numbers he is on the right track.

:wrench::wrench: Rudi

Tom, you're right, but the 2LT is also used in the LJ70 which is a Land Cruiser model.
I used all the glow plug catalogs I have and checked back to 2LT and all say 19850-54071 and so on. Manytheman confirms this with the Nippon Denso number, so with the replacement numbers he is on the right track.

:wrench::wrench: Rudi

Thanx Rudi

LJ series! .......... (I never knew before that any landcruiser shared the same engine as a Hilux.)

:beer: (But then I guess I don't take in information relating to Toyota vehicles more recent than about 1984 :lol:.)

Glow plugs $24 each and fuel filter $35.
Thanks guys
I will have easy morning starts and spreading the aroma of French fries again soon

New Glow plugs are the best thing that ever happened to me.
Smoke less morning starts on veggie oil.

9336577d.jpg

This was not the worst one

If that was not the worse one, I'm curious about the other ones.

Rudi

I am curios where you live and where you got your 4runner with a 2lt. What Gen is it? I just bought a 2lt for my 2nd Gen 4runner here in the States and am in the posses of getting it up and running. I realized that I have a bad setup for a 2lt because my 4runner came with a V6 3.0 and the whole thing is backwards so I have a lot of mods ahead of me. I would love to know more about how yours is set up etc. Specifically: Exhaust, wiring harness, AC, Cruze control. Any info at all would be helpful!

I can't find glow plugs for my 2lt. It's a 1986 so it's the older one with a mechanical injector pump.
How do I test them? I get 12V to all 4 and then after a few seconds it drops to 6V...and the glow plug indecator light only stays on for a second... Not sure what that means.
Anyone have a part number? Or a different engine that uses the same ones? I can get the ones off a delica for cheap and they look close to the same..

Also is there a different fuel filter I can use? The only one that I can find is $110.
i bought a fuel filter from ebay for 5.95 + shipping

I am curios where you live and where you got your 4runner with a 2lt. What Gen is it? I just bought a 2lt for my 2nd Gen 4runner here in the States and am in the posses of getting it up and running. I realized that I have a bad setup for a 2lt because my 4runner came with a V6 3.0 and the whole thing is backwards so I have a lot of mods ahead of me. I would love to know more about how yours is set up etc. Specifically: Exhaust, wiring harness, AC, Cruze control. Any info at all would be helpful!

I have an 87 LJ73 with a stock strong running 2LT engine. Ask whatever specifics, ill snap photos for you. Does not have AC or CC though.
Neat little engine. I've had the 2L, 2LT, and the 2lt-e in a hiace.

Was to late here to chime in on the glow plugs, but seems all is in order.
The LJ70 never came with the turbo 2LT here, just 2L, the 2.4 straight 4 diesel. Cant kill that thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom