Place to shoot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for somewhere close AND LEGAL I can wheel to and do some target shooting. Not really sure what the rules are other than common sense (not close to roads, know your backdrop, don't stick your target to trees, etc).

When I lived here before (97-01) Rampart was open and I went there one day and just left...not my style.

Just wanting to pop off some .22LR and 9mm since it's been awhile.

ya man, I understand the rainbow falls area is open for shooting. I will be going this weekend to break in a 10-22 that I have. Anyone is welcome to come along im planning on saturday morning.
719-217-5541
Anthony

Looking at Charles Wells' book...it looks like there are an awful lot of roads through there. Is it legal to shoot in Pike Nat'l Forest? How far off a road do you need to be?

I have Friday off and the kids will be in daycare, so I'm probably going then. I have a bunch of yard work and a party to get ready for Saturday. I want to get out towards Rampart / Rule Ridge and scout out for some camping picnic spots to take the family this summer.

Got my trusty Marlin 39A that's begging to be shot and a couple Glocks to break in.

Thought that one was shut down in 2009 because people were dumb & trashed it. When I stopped there years ago it looked a little dangerous to me...too many people and there was litter, shells, etc everywhere...

Actually looks like someone got shot there in 2009...doesn't surprise me from what I saw when I visited years ago.
http://www.gazette.com/articles/range-58832-shooting-forest.html

ya man, I understand the rainbow falls area is open for shooting. I will be going this weekend to break in a 10-22 that I have. Anyone is welcome to come along im planning on saturday morning.
719-217-5541
Anthony

Where is the Rainbow Falls area?

There is/was a shooting range on rampart range rd just above garden of the gods. Not sure if it's still there or not.

I have driven by there within the last couple of months and the old "range" area had concrete blocks and cables blocking the area off.

The rampart shooting range got shut down because someone got shot and died up there. The guy accidentally had his finger on the trigger when he racked his pistol and it went off instantly i think and he killed a good friend of his. If you go right past rainbow falls turn and it would be your first left, just drive back there a little ways and to your right is some good backstops to shoot against. I alway's go up there before deer season to sight in the rifle. I would try to get there by 8 because some day's it extremely busy with shooters everywhere. Don't forget about the trail run on saturday if you guy's can make it.

As long as you pick up twice as much trash/ Shells as you bring in, your cool with me

and dont start shooting till like 9-10 when hungover people are still passed out from the night before!

As long as you pick up twice as much trash/ Shells as you bring in, your cool with me

and dont start shooting till like 9-10 when hungover people are still passed out from the night before!

That's funny! I was camping at Rainbow falls not too long ago, and some A-hole was starting his own war at 7:30 in the damn morning! Some people. Sounded like a whole freakin' army.

I only shot once near WP, near the power line draw. There are lots of no-shooting areas so be careful, closer to WP anyway. I like to get away from people and would go out 67 close to Westcreek. I finally joined Frontier Sportsman, their longest range right now is 300yd. Nice ranges, rifle and pistol. If you ever want long range the Chaffee range has 1,000yd. Frontier has plans for that distance.

We r going shooting Saturday during or after the clean up run if anyone wants to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom