cup holders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sent a long time on this but finally found cup holders that work for me and my navigator. Driver side is just the basic cheapo holder with the part designed to clip onto a door or window removed. I then put in nut and drilled into the dash fitting and glued a bolt into the plastic dash fitting.
If you do this you will have to securely glue the dash piece in place - otherwise it will not hold the weight of a full cup. Note also how high the cup holder its; this is so that you knee does not bang into as you enter.
Granted access to mirror control and dash light dimmer is a bit restricted but I don't adjust these often so it is not an issue. The air vent is also partially blocked by a cup but for me this is a small compromise to having a usable cup holder. Hey I can keep my eyes on the road while reacing for the java - this is important1

Passenger side holder is a American Technology CH-00100-BLK-1 THE MUGGER Black HD Folding Cup Holder from Amazon ($5.48). It attached nicely to the console with the supplied screws. I added some washers on the top screw mounts to level it up. A variety of passengers and chief navigator, my wife, all find it quite usable and it folds up when not in use.
cup holder.JPG
pass cup hldr.JPG

That's the price for a pair and that's about what I paid a few years ago for the pair.

SNIP
Passenger side holder is a American Technology CH-00100-BLK-1 THE MUGGER Black HD Folding Cup Holder from Amazon ($5.48). It attached nicely to the console with the supplied screws. I added some washers on the top screw mounts to level it up. A variety of passengers and chief navigator, my wife, all find it quite usable and it folds up when not in use.

Doc,
I'm really liking The Mugger where you have it located. My navigator can't go anywhere without her java flask.:cheers:

Wow! they have gone up in price!

Yes indeed, and I have one laying around, when I bought them I got two, however i could only use one in the middle consol.

Hey Eurorom, if you have an extra Discovery cup holder laying around I'd be happy to take it off your hands. PM me what you want for it. :cool:

Here is mine--if you don't plan on using your ebrake. I know if I use mine if will blow up!

Walmart cupholder + velcro for the front give you 2 cupholders plus space for junk.
front cupholder store.JPG
DSCF0188.JPG
DSCF0192.JPG

Cheapies for the back when you are sittin' on the tailgate...
rear cupholder store.JPG
DSCF0190.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom