Red FJ60/62s please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Off Duty

SILVER Star
Threads
Too far from the shoreline, in beautiful WTF Flori
I have an 89 FJ62.
Going to need a repaint soon and I'm considering a color change.
Really like the blues, tans and gray/silvers, but before I do, can we see some pictures of your red FJ60/62's please?

I did a search and didnt' find anything specific to red.
If I missed it, please close this and provide a link. I'll be forever greatful:cheers:

'87>>>>
DSCN1155.jpg
DSCN1156.jpg

Hera ya go https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/477309-red-wagon-gets-some-love.html

Also my .02 on color changes...unless done right they tend to look like hell...at least to me. Everytime you open hood, door, hatch and see the original red in contrast to the newly opted color...looks like hell :meh: Now for trail rigs...anything goes :grinpimp: Just my .02

Thanks.
I've been following your build.

I agree with you on the color changes.
If we repaint in red, it'll likely be a different shade.
Obviously if we change entirely......
Either way, it'll be done right. Engine out, doors pulled, etc, etc:cheers:

The original red is pretty nice esp. with a clear coat and the new ppg paints. I personally think painting with a different color paint kills resale . MIke

Earlier this spring, in it's familiar parking spot and with new chrome hubcaps.Probably not the original red. On the driver's door, you can see a couple spots where the original paint shows through. In the 8 years I've owned it, no new spots have developed.
mud landy0001.jpg

The original red is pretty nice esp. with a clear coat and the new ppg paints. I personally think painting with a different color paint kills resale . MIke

Absolutely agree.
It's not for resale though.
My grand daughter loves the truck (she's 5 and already has good taste;))
Since "dad's" not in the picture:mad:, my hope is to spend a few years exploring Florida and the surrounding states and building some memories with her, then either give it to her as her first vehicle when she's old enough to drive, or pass it on to her if I'm not around.

The paint choice is the decision I'm wrestling with because any way I go, it's going to be done correctly.

I prefer the tan's, blues, grays's, etc.
I also like the red, just not sure (thus the reason I'm begging for pictures:D).
FWIW-she:princess: likes PINK :flamingo::eek:....ain't happenin'....even with black accents:lol::lol:

Thanks for the pics guys.
Please keep them coming:cheers:

Last edited:
FWIW-she:princess: likes PINK :flamingo::eek:....ain't happenin'....even with black accents:lol::lol:
pinkjeep_J62.jpg

pink papa pleeeeeeeeaaaasssssssssseeeeeee!

use cheap red paint so it will be faded to pink after 10 years of florida sun

My FJ62 was repainted prior to me owning it. It is slightly lighter and more orange than Freeborn Red. It is basically Land Rover Red.

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_20101019_174409.jpg

i do agree on this aswell, the freeborn red is a very nice red and i would not have any other shade of red on my cruiser.

this is my sixty, it is not a fj but is red. more pictures in my signature.
img0569l.jpg

Like the one above, not an FJ but a 60 nonetheless.
100_3608.jpg

100_3559.jpg

Im kind of against a color change too. Unless the entire vehicle is torn down and taken to bare metal, a repaint will always leave areas that are the original shade. Not to mention that to get a quality, factory like paint job (minimum to no orange peel, etc...), youll need to drop a good amount of money.

Here's a pic of my 89 62...pulled the rack off for now. I normally don't like red on cars, but love it on cruisers.
fj62_v8.jpg

'88 Sahara
$(KGrHqIOKp0E1q0356Z)BNo(,KNTYw~~_12.jpg

pinkjeep_J62.jpg

pink papa pleeeeeeeeaaaasssssssssseeeeeee!

use cheap red paint so it will be faded to pink after 10 years of florida sun
:lol::lol:I was waiting for a photochop or something to happen:lol::lol:

If she want's it pink when she get's it, I'll have it painted for her.
If'i'm not here, I'll make sure she knows it's ok:cheers:

My FJ62 was repainted prior to me owning it. It is slightly lighter and more orange than Freeborn Red. It is basically Land Rover Red.

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_20101019_174409.jpg

I like it, thanks.

i do agree on this aswell, the freeborn red is a very nice red and i would not have any other shade of red on my cruiser.

this is my sixty, it is not a fj but is red. more pictures in my signature.
img0569l.jpg

All of these look great!
Ok, I'm about to change my mind and let it stay red.
It's going to need a complete paint anyway so good time to "maybe" change the shade.

BTW-Yo_han-My wife hates red on cars too.
Didn't like the Corvette, or the FJ40.

Thanks to everyone and if you have more, please feel free to post them up.

Thanks,

OD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom