Tyres (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

retrofive

rɛtrəʊ
SILVER Star
Threads
Wheels & Tyres. Wanted some opinions.

I have a set of black 16" steelies w/o meat. Planned on throwing some 37's on them at some point as play set.

Seems 17" are a little more easy to come across in 35"+ size and little less expensive new or used. Maybe I just suck at finding deals or tyres.

SO do I keep these 16's and learn how to search better?
Do I sell/trade them for 17's to open more doors on options?
Am I crazy and all this is irrelevant?

really depends on your budget and the deals you can find.

i was having this same discussion with the other nick and his lx.

i personally say just step to 17s. thats where all the tire manufactures are going.

really depends on your budget and the deals you can find.

i was having this same discussion with the other nick and his lx.

i personally say just step to 17s. thats where all the tire manufactures are going.

This is the direction Im leaning. Just seems 17's from the tyres mfr has more options.... leading to possible better finds.

I feel ur pain! Basically rims are cheap and reuseable. Buy whichever size 37's u come across that are a good deal and then match the rims to them. Hold onto ur 16's in case ur next set is that size but be prepared to step up to a 17". I had to buy 17's for my 40's because I found the tires first and since they retail at $450 a tire they were definitely the deciding factor for my rim size(I paid $1200). But now my next set can be either in a 15, 16, or 17 because I've still got the rims laying around. It pays to be a hoarder!

I feel ur pain! Basically rims are cheap and reuseable. Buy whichever size 37's u come across that are a good deal and then match the rims to them. Hold onto ur 16's in case ur next set is that size but be prepared to step up to a 17". I had to buy 17's for my 40's because I found the tires first and since they retail at $450 a tire they were definitely the deciding factor for my rim size(I paid $1200). But now my next set can be either in a 15, 16, or 17 because I've still got the rims laying around. It pays to be a hoarder!

Good point. I traded some rack stuff I already had for the rims, so no outta pocket expense on this set.

Also what width is the set of 16's you have? For a 37 you are going to need a 9" or 10" wide rim as most of them are 12.50" or 13.50" wide. An 8" rim is really too narrow.

Also what width is the set of 16's you have? For a 37 you are going to need a 9" or 10" wide rim as most of them are 12.50" or 13.50" wide. An 8" rim is really too narrow.

:hmm: Suppose I should measure huh.

:doh: They are 8"

I have a set of 16" saw blade chrome steelies you can have but we'll have to measure them for width too.

might do that, thanks

8" wide rim will be just fine on a 12.50 tire... You are less likely to loose a bead running a narrower rim.

either way I think I want some beadlocks like yours :grinpimp:

how about stepping down to 15's.... and you can buy my 35's....

Can you shrink my brakes as well? and already on 35's :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom