Sportsmans sells Engel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was in the back of the store today looking at a huge mess of freight. Sitting on top of a pile of boxes was the all too noticeable "ENGEL" logo. I quickly grabbed it (literally 7' of the ground, who packs a $860 item on top like that! idiots at the DC.... )

Sitting in the box was a 40qt freezer/fridge. :eek:

I asked my store manager if we could get those almost 2 years ago, and he had no idea what I was talking about. Well, today he was still confused as to what I was talking about, so I had to show him. :grinpimp: I had to talk him out of putting it on display.... Dont think I would want to buy a $860 unit that has been played with by every curious customer!

Looks like we're an Engel dealer now. :clap:

Was in the back of the store today looking at a huge mess of freight. Sitting on top of a pile of boxes was the all too noticeable "ENGEL" logo. I quickly grabbed it (literally 7' of the ground, who packs a $860 item on top like that! idiots at the DC.... )

Sitting in the box was a 40qt freezer/fridge. :eek:

I asked my store manager if we could get those almost 2 years ago, and he had no idea what I was talking about. Well, today he was still confused as to what I was talking about, so I had to show him. :grinpimp: I had to talk him out of putting it on display.... Dont think I would want to buy a $860 unit that has been played with by every curious customer!

Looks like we're an Engel dealer now. :clap:

Very cool. Once you have a refrigerator in your rig, you will wonder how you went camping without it. Plus you can run to the grocery store and not have to worry about running home immediately, you can run all around with your food remaining as cold or colder than it was when you bought it.

We love our Waeco and can't believe we waited as long as we did to buy one.

Jack

We bought an old used one and have worked it like a 10 cent pony for over a year now. I can't imagine a long trip without it now.

Very cool. Once you have a refrigerator in your rig, you will wonder how you went camping without it. Plus you can run to the grocery store and not have to worry about running home immediately, you can run all around with your food remaining as cold or colder than it was when you bought it.

We love our Waeco and can't believe we waited as long as we did to buy one.

Jack

How big is your frig, Jack?

I REALLY wish I had the money for this thing right now before summer trips start. I get a pretty good deal on it, but its still out of my reach until I spend some time saving up. Some people at work are saying its a waist of money cause 40qts "isnt enough space to hold anything..." Ive always had my eye on the 45....

We bought an old used one and have worked it like a 10 cent pony for over a year now. I can't imagine a long trip without it now.

What size are you using, Will?

They are correct 40 qts is not enough for a ice chest but perfect for a fridge.

ken

They are correct 40 qts is not enough for a ice chest but perfect for a fridge.

ken

exactly Ken. They keep forgetting that all that space is for FOOD, not ice!

The major bonus to the fridge in my opinion, is the fact that you dont have to worry about ice turning your cooler into a fish tank.

How big is your frig, Jack?

I REALLY wish I had the money for this thing right now before summer trips start. I get a pretty good deal on it, but its still out of my reach until I spend some time saving up. Some people at work are saying its a waist of money cause 40qts "isnt enough space to hold anything..." Ive always had my eye on the 45....

My Waeco is a 50qt. I agree that without the ice, you gain a lot of room, but I would get the 45qt. We can fill the 50 up pretty easily when we are going to be out for a week. An overnighter of course leaves a lot of room, but I think you would be happier with the 45qt in the long run.

Jack

If I won the lottery I'd get the 45 qt. It would fit in the FJ40 better than the larger units.

Matt,
I don't know what kinda deal you get but I've had my Waeco 50L for 6-years now and knock on wood its just been great. The Waeco offers the most amount of interior volume with the smallest exterior dimensions. And its side hinge can be left or right opening; low voltage cut-off, etc. I am not knocking the ARB/Engel because they are great units too. FYI: AU4WD did a very comprehensive test last year (or maybe 2-years ago now...) and the Waeco came out as the best overall value.

American RV Co. generally has the best price on Waecos. Occasionally they offer up free shipping...you might give them a call on that if you are interested.

Dometic CF-050AC110 CF-50 Waeco CoolFreeze Portable Fridge Freezer AC/DC CF 50 Trailer Camper RV

Regarding size: Bigger is better assuming you have it full. A 1/2 full fridge/freezer is less efficient and more amp draw. The 50L has worked out great. On longer trips I just cycle beers/drinks in every night to maximize efficiency. Additionally, even though its not a dual zone per se, I can keep ice in the bottom corner while having refrigerated everything else.

The guys at your work don't realize how much volume the ice and freezies take up in a non-electric fridge/cooler!

Dan

about 5 years ago bought a 110gt factory frferb from waeco .for about half of new . Great fridge. Can't say enough. If I can find the link/number you can call the factory referb guy if he doesn't have what you want ( I had to wait he doesn't get that many ) he will get one eventually.. Mine looked brand new the touch pad was replaced for some reason.. Still works great and can pack enough food for 5 for 10 days that included 3 gallons of milk for the kids..

Thanks for the info guys. :clap:

I had no idea the Waeco's were so much less! Even with my discount (10% above cost) the Waeco in the link is still less... :eek:

Jack, Dan, I'll have to check out your Waeco's this weekend for sure.

Thanks for the info guys. :clap:

I had no idea the Waeco's were so much less! Even with my discount (10% above cost) the Waeco in the link is still less... :eek:

Jack, Dan, I'll have to check out your Waeco's this weekend for sure.

Has anyone tried the small units? I've been thinking of getting something for day trips: a few sodas/beers, lunch for two, etc.... just so I don't have to deal with ice (though presently I just freeze old water containers, which isn't too much to deal with).

Has anyone tried the small units? I've been thinking of getting something for day trips: a few sodas/beers, lunch for two, etc.... just so I don't have to deal with ice (though presently I just freeze old water containers, which isn't too much to deal with).

I have a Waeco 25L in the nose of the Kimberley. I'll have it along on the Bass Camp trip if you/Matt want to have a looksey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom