Early Wiper blades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dusty 66

Ball & Claw Club
Threads
FYI

I just happen to see thease at So-Cal speed shop $3.99 each 10" long look like stock so I bought a pair 1" longer than stock and work perfactly PN# C-17528 I could not find them on line :confused:

SO-CAL Store and Retail Locations

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Great find and they have a store just a couple of miles from where I work. The only thing I'm worried about is the earlier windshields with a vent on the bottom are shorter. Then with the 68 model the blade design changed. I don't have anything in the 66/67 years. I have one cruiser in town with the early wiper in it. All I need is a 1/2" clearance on the bottom.

In the parts I picked up this weekend there was a couple of aftermarket wipers. One looks to be the correct size. The problem is by looking at the box I would say it was from the sixties. I think the price sticker read 49 cents.:eek: Of course when you concider Toyota wanted $3.25 for the hub caps in 1965 49 cents was a lot of money.:rolleyes:

I did not conceder the Early- 65 short windshields on my 66 From centre of pivot to tip of wiper blade is 15-1/2" with the new blades.

Very cool!

:hmm: They look like they can be trimmed...what do you think?

In the parts I picked up this weekend there was a couple of aftermarket wipers. One looks to be the correct size. The problem is by looking at the box I would say it was from the sixties. I think the price sticker read 49 cents.:eek: Of course when you concider Toyota wanted $3.25 for the hub caps in 1965 49 cents was a lot of money.:rolleyes:

Lucky You :cool: so you bought the 70 ?

Just called the store local to me. Said he couldn't find anything under that part number. He didn't have anything 10" long like that. But he did have 9" and 11" blades in that style:confused: Only has two in stock and wants $5.00 each. I'll try to get over there and see what he has.

How much are the blades at Toyota? I bought some a few years back and still should have some. Time to dig out the part number and check:idea:

Yes...a part number would help :D

If Toyota still makes them, I could check with my local dealer and save on shipping and customs. The only other place I see with these is SOR, and I think they are just under $10 each.

i've got a napa # somewhere in the garage that has the adapter for the motor and blades and arms.. i'll try to dig it out today for you all. has a little adapter that goes on the spindle of the motor with a set screw.

try napa PN 60-750
below that is # 51-062N
apparently they're on the 45 which isn't here but found the box.. Don't recall them being that much, came with adapter for motor, arms and blades.

So 10" or 11" wiper blades will work on early windscreens with vent? I am trying to source some locally and OEM not available here.

They're still available in he USA.

IMG_0004.JPG
Here are some stock ones from my stash. Went to Toyota today. $21.95 each. This is list price. Part number is 85220-55010.

Mark

Just ordered a set yesterday. I could not believe the part number was still active.
85220-55010 $20.39 each

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom