OEM fj40 steel wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i would like to purchase a set of fj40 oem steelies new or good used condition, can somebody point me in the direction of getting a set for a reasonable price?

thanks
wheels.jpg

Toyota is the best source. ebay motors has new OEM Toyota, but at a premium price over dealers who offer IH8MUD or TLCA discounts.

cruiserparts.net sells them...but they'll need sand-blasting and paint or powder coat.

cruiserparts.net sells them...but they'll need sand-blasting and paint or powder coat.

I got 4 non-rivet wheels from here. Rusty like they were stored out in the back of the store, which is exactly what I expected. $50.00 each plus shipping. I sanded them down with a drill and some sanding wheels, primed them and painted them with a gray Rustoleum paint from Wal-mart.

who would be a dealer that would offer the ihmud discount?

cruiserdan and Beno, both on IH8MUD, work in the parts department of American Toyota in NM...they offer a true 25% discount to MUDers.

I have found a lot of good stuff here on mud classifieds.

Classifieds

steel wheels

Early 80s mini truck wheels are the same part number and somehow less expensive than the fj40 wheels on the used market, when you can find them.

If you ever think you'll convert to discs, makesure you buy the welded (not riveted) wheels. Here's a set of new Toyota rims. Cost me +$500 for 4.

CIMG2790.jpg

that is one bad ass picture and cruiser! what size tire and lift are you running and what color is your cruiser?

Early 80s mini truck wheels are the same part number and somehow less expensive than the fj40 wheels on the used market, when you can find them.

Thought the cruiser wheels had the hub cap clips while the mine trucks didn't. Or was it later mini wheels that didn't have the clips?

I am also running a set of welded wheels with drum brakes

I have a set of 5 riveted wheels available I think the shipping would more than buying new

dusty-66-albums-1966-fj40l-picture4017-p1010181.jpg
[/IMG]

Thought the cruiser wheels had the hub cap clips while the mine trucks didn't. Or was it later mini wheels that didn't have the clips?

I just picked up a set of mini rims that did not have clips. Not the prettiest looking rims, but will do while my originals get blasted and painted later on.

31x9.5x15 BFGs, Dune Beige 416 and as he said, 4".:)

CIMG2558-1.jpg

With the riveted rims before the disc conversion.

CIMG2656-1.jpg

I recently went to my local Toyota dealership parts dept and inquired about the OEM wheels for the fj40. The parts guy using the Toyota master system told me they were showing 10 steel wheels left in their inventory. That includes all the Toyota dealerships in the USA. I bought 4 of them 2 months ago and they came from 4 different dealerships and were individually shipped to my dealer. I need 1 more for the spare and I"m hoping they still have one left.

I recently went to my local Toyota dealership parts dept and inquired about the OEM wheels for the fj40. The parts guy using the Toyota master system told me they were showing 10 steel wheels left in their inventory. That includes all the Toyota dealerships in the USA. I bought 4 of them 2 months ago and they came from 4 different dealerships and were individually shipped to my dealer. I need 1 more for the spare and I"m hoping they still have one left.

I called my Local Dealership today too. They said they had around 50 in their system. I have a part number for you...

42601-60072

They quoted me $126 each...Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom