Scene from the Backup Camera (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
Thought it'd be cool to see some pics shot from the backup cameras. And, I'm guessing that it'll take oh... one more post to make this one look tame. Can't wait to see the shot of a tow rope extending to the front of a Jeep, Land Rover...

IMG_1197-1.jpg

Cool. Here's mine. My head unit is an Eclipse AVN726E.

IMG_1004.jpg

Could you post what camera you are using on the rear as the first pic looks very clear and would not mind installing one myself.

I really wish there were options for integrating a camera into my head unit!

Cost may be an issue, but I am already replacing a weed eater because my son left it behind the hundy and I didn't see it... a scooter too.... I am just glad it hasn't been a child, as we had a friend in that situation. Cost them a lot more...

Cost may be an issue, but I am already replacing a weed eater because my son left it behind the hundy and I didn't see it... a scooter too.... I am just glad it hasn't been a child, as we had a friend in that situation. Cost them a lot more...

I keep having that debate with myself - is it worth the cost to upgrade the head and have a camera? But it's completely free to walk the four steps to the back of the truck and take a look for yourself...

I can really understand the debate. I have also looked at the review mirror monitor option too. Right now, still too high to do it, so I try too try and walk around before getting in, but it only takes one missed viewing that can really cost.

OK, enough of that.... ON WITH THE PICS!

I have one on my 98... its great, but you sometimes get relaxed and dont use it... but with 4 kids under 7.. I am always looking around then the camera... I have too.. my kids leave crap in teh driveway and yard all the time..

I like to know where they all are before I get in the car and make sure they know to keep their 2yr old sister out of the way

Just to add my two cents, a camera is a useful tool to have to check before you begin backing up to make sure there is nothing behind you that might otherwise go unseen, but while actually backing up you should be turning and looking while driving. Again just my beliefs on the matter.

From the AVIC thread, not of anything special:

IMG_0478.jpg

Functionality not so good when Slee'd. I'll be working on a fix this week. :)
image-4129100062.jpg

I saw a FJ Cruiser in Moab that had replaced his rear view mirror with a monitor that was able to switch between the front and rear cameras on his truck. I was really impressed the quality of the display and the angles covered by the cameras. It also had infrared for night time viewing that looked really cool and useful.

I asked him how much that the system cost, thinking it was well over $1K and he said he actually got the monitor and 3 cameras on eBay for less than $300. I will get the link from him to the seller. It was all plug and play, as well.

jonharis said:
Functionality not so good when Slee'd. I'll be working on a fix this week. :)

I have the same problem. Let me know what you come up with for the solution. Would love to have my rear view monitor back!

I saw a FJ Cruiser in Moab that had replaced his rear view mirror with a monitor that was able to switch between the front and rear cameras on his truck. I was really impressed the quality of the display and the angles covered by the cameras. It also had infrared for night time viewing that looked really cool and useful.

I asked him how much that the system cost, thinking it was well over $1K and he said he actually got the monitor and 3 cameras on eBay for less than $300. I will get the link from him to the seller. It was all plug and play, as well.
I LIKE that idea! I could use it on the hundy and the 80!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom